Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 03:09 PM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Do you realize being President is not an easy role? It's one of the most powerful, but also one of the most difficult jobs on earth. It is stressful, with nonstop pressure, and requires a delicate balance.

Trump has accomplished more in 3 1/2 years than Biden and Obama combined in their years of service: 55 years+.

I'd like to see Joe Biden, in all of his ailing dementia glory, do 20% of what Trump accomplishes daily.

You should do some research beyond what CNN and MSNBC, and the mainstream media tell you to believe. Trump is doing a helluva lot, globally.
And look at Obama. After 8 years in the job, he aged about 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 03:11 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What if you're not on board with any of that?
Then, unlike many on here, you have a good reason for your support for the addled Biden.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:12 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Libs are jealous as their candidate couldn't stay awake for 9 hours in a 24 hour period without his "speed"!

Old 09-15-2020, 03:14 PM
bu2

Quote:
This is what I see going on. We have some individuals who are major zealots for Trump. This set of Trump supporters will ride or die with Trump. They will support him even when they know he is doing wrong. Some will stand by him in spite of things he had said. Trump reportedly referred to Jeff Sessions, someone who was working with him, as a "dumb southerner". Considering alot of southerners make up his support base, this wouldn't be smart. If this happened, it should be viewed with more scorn.

This is how I see said zealots. For them, he is there to fight the people they don't like. His combative personality is looked at by some as a good thing because "he fights against political correctness". He is looked at as someone who says whatever he thinks.

I think about the early-mid 2000s. There were some things that were not always likable about Bush. At the same time, I notice something. Former President George W. Bush knew when to shut his mouth. He did not go pandering to the lowest common denominator by being crass. We've gone from that to completely nasty behavior. There was a time when we expected better.
1992 before Clinton got elected and started doing interns in the Oval Office.

At least JFK was a little more discreet with the interns he was doing. I wonder if he had Walter Cronkite on TV while he was doing those interns or Marilyn? Could he have gotten 9 hours of TV watching with Marilyn?

Old 09-15-2020, 03:29 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'd be glad to have a detailed discussion with you about how the Trump admin mounted easily the worst federal response to the coronavirus threat among western developed nations.

So start.
I've been waiting since yesterday for you to start talking about policy......

MAGA
Trump 2020

Old 09-15-2020, 03:34 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Imagine the amount of junk food, too, in that time span.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:35 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
MAGA
Trump 2020

Build The Wall
Confirm conservative justices
Keep Democrats out of office.

Not much else matters.
Quote:
What if you're not on board with any of that?
You get one vote.
Use it; that's what I am going to do.
What I am NOT going to do is cry in the streets, wear a ***** Hat, call for impeachment, use vulgar language on TV, accuse Dems of cheating, and burn automobile dealerships.

I have made it clear why I am voting for Trump. See above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies