Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 11:10 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You're rather amusing, we have covid patients moved into nursing homes in NY....but if Trump holds a voluntary rally, then suddenly here comes "negligent homicide".

What I find less amusing is that you were so easily swayed by your politics that you advocate here for zero personal resonsibility which is a terrible message to send during a pandemic.
Could you point out some statements of mine that advocate for zero personal responsibility please? Or is this just the usual 2+2=8 sort of what-aboutism seen on this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 11:12 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So that makes the riots "covid proof", eh? I sure don't see any of your left wing friends worrying about all the "mostly peaceful protests" all over the country.
Where did I say the riots are covid proof? Do you have any actual defense of Trump other than false equivalency and what aboutism?

Old 09-14-2020, 11:13 AM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Why does Trump hate his followers so much that he's trying to infect them?

"People will die":

The Hill
Looked at this guy's twitter. Wonder if he actually works? Post after post after post about how bad President Trump is. Serious TDS on this guy.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:14 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What does that doctor say about BLM protests?
That's what I was looking for on his twitter, but didn't have two hours to get back through 3 months of his anti-Trump tweets.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:17 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
Trump is waging a campaign that aims to sow anger, division, chaos, and confusion through an endless barrage of lies and conspiracy theories.

Rather than bringing the country together as a president should, he wants people to have an "us vs. them" mentality. He's essentially pitting Americans against one another.

Trump supporters will retort by saying, "Well, the fake media and democrats started it with the fake news/investigations.

There's a difference between investigating a president for what they believe is improper conduct versus spreading all-out falsehoods and conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality.
You are confusing presidents. You just described, "elections have consequences" Obama.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i don't know. How does the entire democrat party hate black people so much that they burn down their businesses and kill their children?
PSST your side doesn't care about anyone so stop pretending.
We burn down black businesses and kill their children?

Old 09-14-2020, 11:20 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Why is it so hard for Trump and his supporters to just follow his own simple guidelines. Watch Trump on TV or just ignore it all together, its like watching a rerun of the same comments over and over. There is absolutely nothing of substance, why waste your life.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:21 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I'm ok with this but I draw the line at intentionally killing senior citizens in nursing homes.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:24 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Proof that if they changed the name to protests, things would be all good.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

Old 09-14-2020, 11:26 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Could you point out some statements of mine that advocate for zero personal responsibility please? Or is this just the usual 2+2=8 sort of what-aboutism seen on this forum?
In that very post you are stating that those that voluntarily decide to gather indoors in large numbers are not culpable for their actions but were rather "killed" by the host.

Your negligent homicide claim would thus extend to people that decide to cram into a restaurant, attend a wedding and so forth where the person to blame would not be them (otherwise it can't be negligent homicide). In that case, the people deciding not to social distance are not to blame but rather the bride and groom or restaurant owner.

You cannot have negligent homicide if the people involved were party to it. There is no such thing as negligent suicide.

P.S. So speaking of 2 + 2 = 8, you can't have negligent homicide without absolving all attendees of personal responsibility which is again, a horrible decision in stopping Covid.

Last edited by Mathguy; 09-14-2020 at 12:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies