Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 04:33 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and it was 100% peaceful....not even any litter

https://www.toptradeguru.com/news/wa...mask-policies/
Interesting. And that is the French speaking region, which is supposed to be the most liberal in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 04:45 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
This is a curious thing for Canadians to do --- perhaps they appreciate that he's a racist? Is racism a problem in Canada? Thought Trump was against NAFTA and was going to punish Canada? Do the Canadians like that? I refuse to let a protest group represent an entire nation----in the same way the protesters in our streets are fringe and don't represent normal folks in the USA. Thought Canadians were more advanced in their beliefs/thinking....more environmentally conscious. Do they realize Trump is trashing the earth, doesn't believe in science based facts regarding climate change?
You continue to refuse to see or believe the truth in front of you. Trump is good for America. You have been brainwashed. Vote for Biden of vote for America....

Old 09-14-2020, 04:46 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I figured most Canadians probably don't care for Trump, but whatever. I can't imagine waving a flag of another nation around, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:04 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Actually, my solution to the current division is for all the blue states (CA, OR, WA, CO, NM, AZ, MN, WI, IL, MI, NY, NH, VT, MA, ME, CT, NJ, MD, VA and PA) to merge with Canada into the LSA (Liberal States of America). Although AZ and WI may be controversial, they were included so that the new country would be contiguous. You could drive from Denver to Vancouver to Washington DC without leaving the borders.

Quebec would be free to choose if they want to stay in Canada or join the red CSA (Conservative States of America). They are pretty much a drag on Canada's economy anyway.
How quickly would there be civil unrest within these states. Few states are truly blue or red.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:57 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I figured most Canadians probably don't care for Trump, but whatever. I can't imagine waving a flag of another nation around, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
I feel illegal alien's shouldn't wave their home country's flags while here , since the country they left wasn't good enough for them to stay.. As an American with many Canadian friends I have found they feel the same when Quebecers waving the Stars & Stripes and not the Fleur-de-lises.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:53 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Last time I was in Canada, French Canada in particular, the people not too fond of Donald J Trump.

But Donald J Trump, and all our politicians are to blame for this pandemic fiasco. Trump is not on those protesters side.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:56 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Let's trade California to Canada, and we'll accept the province of Quebec into the U.S.
We have a deal?
The other states end up sending lots of money to Quebec. That is how it is in Canada with other provinces giving money to Quebec for what ever reasons.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Does this mean when Trump wins, celebrities Wont threaten to move to Canada?

Old 09-14-2020, 07:06 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
I recall the Germans loved Obama ---flocked to hear him speak in Berlin --- angered the rightwingnuts. Guess this is different?

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/11/20/13/.../7/920x920.jpg
That's because Obama made a trip around the world bowing down and kissing everyone's posterior telling them how bad America is. Germans still carry alot of guilt with them about WWII. Pretty much the way liberal Caucasians in the U.S. carry unwarranted guilt about slavery.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:43 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Those people were separatist Quebecers. They don't consider themselves to be Canadians and they don't think of Quebec as being a part of Canada. In their eyes Quebec is a separate country from Canada and they look down on all the rest of Canada as being beneath them.

So yeah, they are definitely un-patriotic un-Canadians who aren't even patriotic to themselves, as evidenced by them carrying flags and banners praising a foreign leader and a foreign country (Trump and USA).

The Rest Of Canada, otherwise known as the ROC, is patriotic to Canada, the ROC does not like Trump and does not carry American political flags or banners and does indeed think of the Quebec separatists as a bunch of kooks and poop-disturbers.

As you surely know, if Quebec was not a part of Canada, Canada would never be a liberal country. Most liberal votes come from Quebec.

And as far as being anti American, this is not true in all provinces. It's mostly Quebec, Ontario and BC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies