Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 02:41 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The OP was a link from the Drudge Report.

Apparently they are on the outs because Donnie told his serfs "Drudge bad now."

There is some rumor that Rasmussen was bandying about claiming that Drudge sold his website to a liberal news organization. No facts to back that up but some Trumpers claim that its a fact that it was sold. Good for Drudge to do what he wants. Drudgereport and Fox News are not state run news outlets run by Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 02:42 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Lock Him Up, Lock Him Up, Lock Him Up.

In reality, if Trump loses, he'll probably resign one day early and allow Pence to become president for 1 day. Pence would pardon Trump. Pence would go on record as the 46th POTUS and Biden would become 47th POTUS.

Are there likely state charges against Trump that Pence cannot pardon?
Several. Bank fraud and tax fraud are probably the biggest. I expect Barr to end up under federal indictment, unless Pence also issues a blanket pardon for Barr. Trump's kids also might end up under indictments that they can't buy their way out of, like they did with the charity scams.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:44 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If an ex-president goes to jail, so will the next one in retaliation.
Maybe the next president will not commit high crimes and misdemeanors.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:08 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is some rumor that Rasmussen was bandying about claiming that Drudge sold his website to a liberal news organization. No facts to back that up but some Trumpers claim that its a fact that it was sold. Good for Drudge to do what he wants. Drudgereport and Fox News are not state run news outlets run by Trump.
I don't think he sold it. I think he is a smarter than average political observer, and smelled things in the wind that caused him to shift his editorial slant. It may be just an experiment to find out for certain, since traffic to his site has been dropping.

Now that Trump has slammed him in a tweet, you can look for the publicity to bring a batch of viewers newly aware of his site to come over and poke around. If they like what they see, it will quite possibly drive traffic up again. He could never have bought such sweet publicity. He's probably hoping Trump blasts him again.

At the end of the day he is first and foremost a businessman, and his ads are priced based on clicks from traffic. He'll openly endorse Biden if he thinks it will make him some money.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:12 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Maybe the next president will not commit high crimes and misdemeanors.
Well since only Nixon and Obama have, that's not a high hurdle.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don't think he sold it. I think he is a smarter than average political observer, and smelled things in the wind that caused him to shift his editorial slant. It may be just an experiment to find out for certain, since traffic to his site has been dropping.

Now that Trump has slammed him in a tweet, you can look for the publicity to bring a batch of viewers newly aware of his site to come over and poke around. If they like what they see, it will quite possibly drive traffic up again. He could never have bought such sweet publicity. He's probably hoping Trump blasts him again.

At the end of the day he is first and foremost a businessman, and his ads are priced based on clicks from traffic. He'll openly endorse Biden if he thinks it will make him some money.
I don't know if he would go that far and endorse Biden. I don't think he has ever endorsed anyone. Even with Trump. You have to read the tea leaves and see who he seems to favor via his links. I like his links I check it every morning. A lot of the stuff I find interesting is not political.

Drudge is good friends with Arianna Huffington. Those two and Andrew Brietbart got started at the same time with news websites and formed a bond back then. Not sure if Drudge is really conservative or he got the Clinton Lewinski story so he just ran with it after that. 25 years of making a lot of money starting with that. I don't blame him. He is very private but apparently he is gay. There was a story a couple years back where he gave his partner some real estate next door to him in Florida.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:35 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Several. Bank fraud and tax fraud are probably the biggest. I expect Barr to end up under federal indictment, unless Pence also issues a blanket pardon for Barr. Trump's kids also might end up under indictments that they can't buy their way out of, like they did with the charity scams.
Bank fraud? Falsely inflating asset valuation?

Does anyone really believe a bank giving out 100’s of millions doesn’t use due diligence and conduct their own independent valuations.

Does the DA plan on forcing Deautche Bank into being a victim?

We should all be more concerned this is all nothing more than a political hit job.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Bank fraud? Falsely inflating asset valuation?

Does anyone really believe a bank giving out 100’s of millions doesn’t use due diligence and conduct their own independent valuations.

Does the DA plan on forcing Deautche Bank into being a victim?

We should all be more concerned this is all nothing more than a political hit job.

I have to agree. Banks, the IRS, etc. I don't believe Trump somehow fooled all of them into giving him money and phony tax returns. If they find anything wrong with Trump's paperwork it will be a fine not criminal.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:15 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
I fully expect Trump to spend his last days in court defending himself frim criminal and civil prosecution. He will likely be convicted of something. He might see Federal prison. He is probably a flight risk so there might be some confinement or house arrest. If he loses the election he could try to arrange a resignation to have President Pence pardon him in a collusion scheme. Pence is stupid but maybe not that stupid.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:25 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I fully expect Trump to spend his last days in court defending himself frim criminal and civil prosecution. He will likely be convicted of something. He might see Federal prison. He is probably a flight risk so there might be some confinement or house arrest. If he loses the election he could try to arrange a resignation to have President Pence pardon him in a collusion scheme. Pence is stupid but maybe not that stupid.
You’re hilarious. I have no idea what the crime is, but there has to be something.

Bank fraud. Nope.

I still can’t figure how how or why the local DA is using the stormy Daniel payment to investigate anything. I understood the campaign finance piece, but that’s a private transaction, what’s the states angle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies