Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 09:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times

Advertisements

If Trump wins, we could have a low grade civil war in the days afterwards. People should plan to "shelter in place" for a few weeks not because of Covid but because of the unrest on the streets. Have everything you need to stay at home for a true lockdown for a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 09:35 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
If Trump wins, we could have a low grade civil war in the days afterwards. People should plan to "shelter in place" for a few weeks not because of Covid but because of the unrest on the streets. Have everything you need to stay at home for a true lockdown for a few weeks.
If Trump wins, I think there will be quite a bit of violence in large cities. I do hate to say the following because it makes me feel like I'm a bad person, but I am almost looking forward to all the 'apologists' for violence getting what they asked for (or at least supported) directed at themselves. (Meaning that I don't think that many violent protesters will be asking non-participants how they voted before they start harming them or their property.)

Last edited by katharsis; 09-14-2020 at 09:51 PM..

Old 09-14-2020, 11:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Let them riot and let others react. At that point there will be no reason to hold anything back.

Old 09-15-2020, 04:53 AM

230 posts, read 97,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If Trump wins, I think there will be quite a bit of violence in large cities. I do hate to say the following because it makes me feel like I'm a bad person, but I am almost looking forward to all the 'apologists' for violence getting what they asked for (or at least supported) directed at themselves. (Meaning that I don't think that many violent protesters will be asking non-participants how they voted before they start harming them or their property.)

Perhaps in some weird way it be best, for the apologists to reap what they sow. Perhaps in such a chaotic and uncivil string of riots, they will wake up and realize that the giant global media industry, giant global tech industry, Hollywood, Sports and the establishment political system was wrong.

Or it will fuel another social justice movement (BLM 2.0), or sexual orientation movement (something new to the LGBTQZ group), or something like that.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:18 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Meh, that depends on where you live and the people around you.

Can't see it happening in my my town or anywhere near it.

No matter who wins.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:23 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Let them riot and let others react. At that point there will be no reason to hold anything back.
Yeah, they'll riot anyway if they win.

Btw, wasn't a story where LBJ once claimed then riots will happen in Barry Goldwater was elected?

Old 09-15-2020, 08:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
Yes KID at war with homies like you. Battle in my state starts on Oct13. We take yall down Nov3 bet
You are at war against people like me?

What exactly do you plan to do with me, and why?

Old 09-15-2020, 08:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said I believe in free markets.

You obviously don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So since you didn't answer my question directly -- to repeat, do you think that Big Pharma should be able to increase a pill from $13.50 to $750 overnight? -- I will take it that you do believe in "anything goes" when it comes to a free market.
The claim was that Trump will take control of the prices during his 2nd term. I am against such government involvement.

If we had free markets, one manufacturer would not be in position to increase the price from $13 to $750.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I kid you not.....I'm pretty sure that gets into blackmail

The Democrats May Not Be Able to Concede

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...oncede/616321/
So you are bothered by a media source that most people on the right say that nobody listens to, but I can't seem to find your post where Trump allies (Stone and his buddy) are calling for Trump to claim authoritarian law if he loses the election.

How do you feel about that? Trump has not condemned the comments, maybe some of his supporters will be brave and patriotic enough to?

Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,209 times
If the Dems win the popular vote and lose there will be riots and chaos. So in other words, we should leave it up to NYC, LA, SF and Chicago to elect our next president. There are many republicans that don’t vote in those states because of the overwhelming amount of Democrat support. I’m sure if republicans actually voted in those states to a higher degree there wouldn’t be this popular vote argument. I’m republican in California and will be voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies