Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 06:10 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
"Nothing could be done".....meanwhile he continues to have super-spreader events, now indoors against the recommendations of his experts and his own staff. These events end up spreading the virus throughout the region.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/u...ump-rally.html
No distancing, no masks.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020...y=90&auto=webp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 06:10 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Election Infection Covid 19_84 PLANDEMIC DEM PANIC strikes again.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:12 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Trump put the economy and stock market (and ultimately his re-election bid) over the health and safety of Americans.
Once again, trump first, America second, maybe.
He thinks the stock market is the economy.

What are they teaching at Wharton?

Old 09-15-2020, 06:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What exactly is the endgame with Covid?

U ntil there are no cases anymore?

until a vaccine? What if the vaccine isn't 100% effective? What if not everyone can take it? How do public places know who has taken the vaccine or not?

do some want the COVID way of living to be a permanent normal?

is this the end of in person schools, colleges, bars, gyms, movie theaters, audiences at sporting events, concerts etc? Are small businesses screwed?

When did “flattening the curve” turn into “have no infections and deaths” which is likely only possible with permanent, perpetual lockdowns?
No vaccine is 100% effective. To achieve any semblance of herd immunity requires an estimated 50- 70% of the population to be inoculated. If/ when a vaccine is approved, adequate production and administration of the vaccine is years away, assuming at least half the population is willing to be inoculated.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:35 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What are you talking about?

I dont know anyone who wants a test that cant get one.

I had to go inside the pharmacy to pick up a prescription yesterday because they are doing Covid testing in the drive thru window. It was empty........not one single car.
Me, the caregiver of an 81 year old person. And I have had angioplasty, have high blood pressure and pre diabetes.

I do not qualify in my state for a test. And I had a drs. appointment. They asked a few questions, took my temp. When I said I was having allergy headaches, they refused to see me for another 2 weeks. No tests were given to see if I had Covid. But they would not allow me passed the front door of the drs. office.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What would they have done?

What is Biden’s plan other than lock us all down again?

In the unlikely event Biden is elected, he will not be inaugurated until January. No telling the status of this virus 4 + months into the future. Speculation on my part, he is probably more likely to minimally use the Defense Act to create rapid tests and PPE. Think it unlikely he will hold super spreader events.

As an aside, Israel will be entering round 2 of their so called “ lockdown, this weekend. Schools, restaurants, malls, hotels and all non- essential businesses will be closed for at least 3 weeks. Netanyahu fully supports this action. He and family will be flying to the US to sign a peace agreement when the lock down goes into effect, which is not lost on those opposed to the lockdown.

No question Netanyahu expects more $ aid from the US.

Unlike the US, the Israeli military security forces do contact tracing and enforce quarantines on those who test positive.

Some of the ultra- Orthodox parties are fiercely opposed to another lockdown and have been protesting in the streets. This has escalated to protests of excessive force/ police brutality and demands to defund the police.

This lockdown will coincide with the Rosh Hashanah holiday. There is also the matter that these families tend to have 10-12 children and live in tiny apartment units.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
"Nothing could be done".....meanwhile he continues to have super-spreader events, now indoors against the recommendations of his experts and his own staff. These events end up spreading the virus throughout the region.

Absolutely no excuse to hold rallies beyond that Trump needs the demonstration his base is willing to risk their lives and the lives of others for the opportunity to watch the Trump show. These are the folk who are going to vote Trump, come what may.

Trump made clear he is on the stage, removed from the crowds. That’s what matters to him.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:09 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Me, the caregiver of an 81 year old person. And I have had angioplasty, have high blood pressure and pre diabetes.

I do not qualify in my state for a test. And I had a drs. appointment. They asked a few questions, took my temp. When I said I was having allergy headaches, they refused to see me for another 2 weeks. No tests were given to see if I had Covid. But they would not allow me passed the front door of the drs. office.
why don't you qualify for a test?

I took one months ago - free. They ask a few questions - have you had a sore throat? Yea. Have you had body aches? - Yea

Okay - maybe right then and there i didn't have a sort throat or body aches - but they didn't ask when.

How can they say, well you might not have any symptoms, but you might still have it. Oh but since you don't have any symptoms, you can't be tested

We have had monthly free drive up testing here in our small county. At first people didn't go, but now they run out of tests in a few hours. It is the mouth swab text. Not as gruesome as the nasal swab.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:

not to mention that he was pushing for schools to open & calling it a democratic hoax all while knowing how deadly this virus is.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
It is what it is.

And what it is is a pathetic display of the lack of leadership in the current White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies