Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 05:52 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
It's not up to someone else to decide what is a 'worthwhile risk.' The arrogance of these 'experts' (and the media) to decide that fighting 'white supremacy' was the risk worth taking. Not someone's ability to open their business or go to a funeral...

No one else was given the freedom to take risks without being mercilessly shamed--only the protesters.
They're offering an opinion, not writing legislation. Settle down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 06:20 PM

29,200 posts, read 14,474,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Eliminating white supremacy and racism in our country isn't just some leftist cause but an American cause.
Wait, i thought it was about police brutality ?

Old 09-14-2020, 07:22 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

So congregating in thousands ton”protest” over leftist causes is OK. Is it any surprise that normal working people might start to feel the Covid thing is more about politics than safety?
You need a quote around "health" and "experts."

Old 09-14-2020, 07:26 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
BLM protestors wear masks, Trump supporters don’t. Conservatives said NYC would see a second wave after the BLM protests - it never happened.

Don’t get me wrong, I cringe when I see liberal activists without masks too, but Trump supporters are way worse on average in terms of mask wearing.
The science on masks is inconclusive.

And if you have a crowd of 10,000 protesters and 2,000 aren't wearing masks, you've got a superspreader event even if you think masks are wonderfully effective.

NYC didn't have a 2nd wave. Mostly likely because they killed so many people in the 1st wave. Pretty much all the rest of the country had a 2nd wave starting 1 to 2 weeks after the protests. And they were heavily in younger people.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:54 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,078,295 times
Reminder, this is the “scientific community “ these days

Old 09-15-2020, 06:33 PM

52,553 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

So congregating in thousands ton”protest” over leftist causes is OK. Is it any surprise that normal working people might start to feel the Covid thing is more about politics than safety?
Thanks for the reminder. Yep, we should never forget this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy," the letter says.

In other words - a worthwhile risk.

Also, a group of 1200 "health and medical colleagues" isn't that tough to scratch up, I can't imagine.
utter crap. there is no 'pervasive lethal force of white supremacy'

Old 09-15-2020, 06:39 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,957,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Eliminating white supremacy and racism in our country isn't just some leftist cause but an American cause.
It is a leftist cause when:

When you advocate defunding the police.

Let rioters take over a city.

It is based on leftist lies.

BLM get donations through ActBlue that gives a sliver of the money to Democrat finance infrastructure.

BLM openly calls for radical ideas like the destruction of the family unit.

Etc.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:42 PM

1,897 posts, read 795,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
BLM protestors wear masks, Trump supporters don’t. Conservatives said NYC would see a second wave after the BLM protests - it never happened.

Don’t get me wrong, I cringe when I see liberal activists without masks too, but Trump supporters are way worse on average in terms of mask wearing.
I would think that the radical left would be happy that Trumps rally's are mostly mask less, might weed out more of the opposition!

Old 09-15-2020, 06:43 PM

17,460 posts, read 6,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy," the letter says.

In other words - a worthwhile risk.

Also, a group of 1200 "health and medical colleagues" isn't that tough to scratch up, I can't imagine.
So, you're fine with the government dictating what is a "worthwhile risk." Actual Americans prefer to make those decisions for themselves without the help of the disgusting statists you support, whose only risk-benefit analysis involves whether it helps Democrats win elections.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:45 PM

17,460 posts, read 6,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
I would think that the radical left would be happy that Trumps rally's are mostly mask less, might weed out more of the opposition!
They know the mask mandates are a political ploy and joke just like everyone else knows it. The difference is that they will play along and lie about it because they think it helps their party politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies