Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump accepted the offer, should Biden?
Yes, millions listen especially younger potential voters 67 71.28%
unsure 1 1.06%
No, Biden would be hurt in a 4 hour no help discussion and debate 12 12.77%
No, for other reasons 14 14.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:57 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times

Advertisements

Here’s a great article in the Federalist on why a Rogan debate is important.
And why Rogan would be excellent moderator.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/15...0e30eI.twitter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 01:03 PM

826 posts, read 244,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This would actually break the internet

100 million viewers live

Biden should go, because if he doesn't then Trump will, and he'll get the 100 million viewers on his own
Biden's handlers will never allow Joe to be exposed like that. I wish it would happen, but Hidin' Biden won't ever show up. He is too afraid.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
I think it's a good idea, mostly because the current debate format is terrible.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:04 PM

826 posts, read 244,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Rogan has also said he would vote for Trump and will not vote for Biden. Maybe next time he'll keep his mouth shut. None of the other moderators brag about who they vote for.

Also schedule is set -- they aren't going to add dates now.
It's clear how the other moderators will vote. It ain't no secret.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Why would Biden do a debate with a bias right wing celebrity like Joe Rogan? Should Angelina Jolie do one too?
Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders in the Dem primary so not exactly right wing.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:21 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Open records sources show that 97% of media campaign donations went to Hillary and Trump still did debates with her in the Lions Den.

https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/D...o_to_Democrats

Rogan would be fair and has mnay liberal positions.
I like Rogan on a lot of issues. Even where I disagree with him, I find he can back things up with a reasonable position, and the thing I like the most about him is he's able to see the value (and BS) from multiple perspectives, and is willing to challenge any and all points of view.

That being said, he is strongly pro-Trump, and EXTREMELY anti-Democratic Party these days, so I don't think he'd be a fair moderator. I "MIGHT" be wrong on that, because he MIGHT make the extra effort to remain unbiased and fair.

Also, Rogan in the last 6-12 months has changed a lot, and has taken more extreme positions, so I'm not 100% sure the Rogan I grew to respect is the same Rogan we have now. The Rogan I liked was the one who decimated Ted Nugent on his stance on legalized MJ, but also opened my eyes to why he was so Anti-Hillary for reasons beyond the usual "because I believe all the BS I've read from right wing hack jobs for 30+ years". (He actually gave some decent reasons, unlike most people who "just don't trust her" or "pizza gate" or "the emails" or "Benghazi")

To me, I voted "no for other reasons". I just think that Rogan already has his mind made up, and is probably more skilled of a communicator than Trump or Biden, and Trump would be the huge benefactor, based on that bias.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Calling bs on this. Just did a quick view of your posting history and see you’ve been an outspoken critic of Democrats and a Trump bobo for years. Nice try though.
Nope sorry, I called Trump in 2016 because I knew what people were thinking, but I was not a Trump voter then. Following the disgusting reaction to Trump and Trump Derangement Syndrome I've slowing come around to justifying a vote for Trump to the point where I'm now enthusiastically for him and have zero reservations about it. At the height of COVID I didn't like his handling but it became clear he wasn't much worse than other politicians, especially Cuomo in NY and Newsom in CA.

Then the communists showed their face using black rights as an excuse and it should be so crystal clear to everyone now that if you care one iota about your country you cannot vote for a puppet democrat who can't say no to extremists and is going to let police be defunded and the founding fathers reputation be smashed to bits and replaced with whatever woke idols they come up with

Old 09-15-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Nope sorry, I called Trump in 2016 because I knew what people were thinking, but I was not a Trump voter then. Following the disgusting reaction to Trump and Trump Derangement Syndrome I've slowing come around to justifying a vote for Trump to the point where I'm now enthusiastically for him and have zero reservations about it. At the height of COVID I didn't like his handling but it became clear he wasn't much worse than other politicians, especially Cuomo in NY and Newsom in CA.

Then the communists showed their face using black rights as an excuse and it should be so crystal clear to everyone now that if you care one iota about your country you cannot vote for a puppet democrat who can't say no to extremists and is going to let police be defunded and the founding fathers reputation be smashed to bits and replaced with whatever woke idols they come up with
Trump is smashing the founding fathers reputation to bits.

The founding fathers would all hate Trump as they were all educated elitists who didn’t trust the uninformed low info mob.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump is smashing the founding fathers reputation to bits.

The founding fathers would all hate Trump as they were all educated elitists who didn’t trust the uninformed low info mob.
Do you even realize what you just wrote?

You are one seriously confused puppy. Are you seriously saying that the mob in the street right now (that the founders warned us about) are on the Trump side?

loooooooooooool

Old 09-15-2020, 02:55 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
This would be great, I feel that the media bias would be lifted and we get to hear straight from the candidates, just the way it should be. Lets find out who you both really are and we will decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies