Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 04:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'll just put this out there: America, unlike most of the rest of the world, hasn't been subject to significant military invasions. We haven't learned the cynicism that comes from wars on your territory and the constant threat of invasion. As a result, we're more optimistic about the future, and content with the present. At least in white America, at any rate.
In some cases you're right.

But War can also make a country/people a better place.

I don't like this philosophy in America that all oppression is evil or wrong. Often times it makes people more united.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'll just put this out there: America, unlike most of the rest of the world, hasn't been subject to significant military invasions. We haven't learned the cynicism that comes from wars on your territory and the constant threat of invasion. As a result, we're more optimistic about the future, and content with the present. At least in white America, at any rate.
Yeah, but our country suffers from ideological subversion from our enemies; the haters of Freedom and Liberty are now the demoralized "educated" zombies.

Your post, in particular, points this out.

Insert Yuri Bezmenov video here....

Old 09-20-2020, 07:49 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I could make an AI bot whose posts would make a 1000% more sense than your disconnected thoughts that you must believe sound like intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know what I believe.

And what is it you care about? Please share. What do you want out of society?
I don't give a s--t about society. I care about my family and my inner circle of friends. That is about it. As far as the aforementioned, we are all happy. Businesses are doing well, careers are doing well, kids are doing well...etc. We enjoy our hobbies and try to get as much out of life as we possibly can. Even when things get bad, we keep a positive attitude and work through it. We've all been at the bottom (which is different for everyone) and built ourselves back up. Life is absolutely going great right now...

Old 09-20-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't give a s--t about society. I care about my family and my inner circle of friends. That is about it. As far as the aforementioned, we are all happy. Businesses are doing well, careers are doing well, kids are doing well...etc. We enjoy our hobbies and try to get as much out of life as we possibly can. Even when things get bad, we keep a positive attitude and work through it. We've all been at the bottom (which is different for everyone) and built ourselves back up. Life is absolutely going great right now...
I have a legitimate question.

Very seriously, are you and your inner circle all located in the same geographic area or are you spread out?

And by geographic area I mean something akin to the same neighborhood or city bloc.

If spread out, by how much?

Old 09-20-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I have a legitimate question.

Very seriously, are you and your inner circle all located in the same geographic area or are you spread out?

And by geographic area I mean something akin to the same neighborhood or city bloc.

If spread out, by how much?
We are all in the same state.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:23 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
People are happy because life is about relationships not material things. It's about friends, family, your spouse, your good neighbors and coworkers. It's about your dearest friends at church. It's about your relationship with your God and His commandments to love Him and your neighbors as yourself. It's about Paul teaching us to be content no matter our circumstances. It's about helping others and putting their needs before yourself.

I'm not being corny, it's really not about "the stuff" for me or my friends and family, at all.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We are all in the same state.
A state is a big place.

The reason I'm asking is because (especially thanks to telecommunication) we can disengage ourselves from a community and form an inner circle of like minded people.

The affect is not caring about society since their is no shared stock in the well being of everyone.

ex: A town with scarce resources requires cooperation that leads to cultural ties. From their you form a larger society like a network of organs.

When people are totally distanced from their geographic ties and are granted unlimited traveling capabilities the intrinsic sense of duty or honor are no longer necessitated.

Which results into someone like yourself who could care less about mainstream society. However I think even you care on some level.

If people all become degenerates of physically ill it affects your life as well.

Old 09-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
A state is a big place.

The reason I'm asking is because (especially thanks to telecommunication) we can disengage ourselves from a community and form an inner circle of like minded people.

The affect is not caring about society since their is no shared stock in the well being of everyone.

ex: A town with scarce resources requires cooperation that leads to cultural ties. From their you form a larger society like a network of organs.

When people are totally distanced from their geographic ties and are granted unlimited traveling capabilities the intrinsic sense of duty or honor are no longer necessitated.

Which results into someone like yourself who could care less about mainstream society. However I think even you care on some level.

If people all become degenerates of physically ill it affects your life as well.
Like I said, we are all in the same state, different cities, probably no more than 4 hours a part. I've got many hobbies, that bring me into direct contact with others. So it isn't like I'm a hermit sitting here watching the world from a computer. Snowmobiling, drag racing, boating, biking, ATV's, shooting all brings me together with like minded people. Many, I've been friends with for over 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies