Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What will be the response from L J
He does nothing but run his big mouth continuing to spew hate 74 94.87%
He digs up the cash and shows he cares about lives of people 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 01:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,425,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
LA Sheriff trying to play "Gotcha" with Lebron?
Is he trying to extort him? Because if Lebron does put up the money every Sheriff in America will be asking him for money too.
$200k isn't enough Reward money already?
This Sheriff is playing politics now which is not his JOB.

PS : Your Poll choices are awful.
Leftists don't want police to do "their jobs" at all, so why mention it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 01:57 AM

264 posts, read 100,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh man...and I remember being a squad leader in OSUT Basic Training at Benning when I was a squad leader because I was an E-3 (because I had my degree). All 4 squad leaders in my platoon were black.

The white recruits from the South especially resented being told what to do, but you’ll find that as they progress in their career, they get used to it. But it takes a while for some of them.

When I was a SSG, I had a white E-5 openly tell me that he had a real issue taking orders from me in a conversation we had. He wouldn’t admit that it was racial, but I knew it was because he couldn’t really tell me what his beef was. And frankly, I didn’t care anyway as long as he did what the hell he was told.

I remember a few black Drill Sergeants who didn’t give a damn about the regulations. They’d tell guys who were obstinate that all rank and insignia could be removed and they could take it to the streets if the soldier was so inclined. LMAO...needless to say, no one was willing to push it that far.

Lebron SHOULDN’T do it either. There’s no reason to do it. You’d hate him anyway.

Yes, this is an issue with many Black males in a position of authority.

In essence, there is resentment by many non-Black people to being told what to do by a Black man.

Black male managers who are well educated oftentimes face a logistical problem in a private corporation and oftentimes has to be "managed" and either placed in a situation where they supervise mostly other minorities or inundated with "busy work" and staff level work in many instances.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:07 AM

264 posts, read 100,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
When you spew rhetoric that police are out hunting black men, especially before you know all the facts, your supporting an anti police stance.

Put up or shut up.
Reasonable minded people believe that police overall are doing a great job.

However, there are a subset of police in many jurisdictions who may have implicit or explicit bias when interacting with Black people and may not value their life to the degree that they value the life of someone who is non-Black.

In essence, having a assumption of guilt already in place upon encountering a Black person whereas affording a non-Black person the benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:26 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,519,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He doesn’t have to care about the cops as there is no law stating that caring about the cops is mandatory.

If Lebron was gonna put up any money, he definitely shouldn’t now.
Who says he has to? Not me. Simply said that he doesn't.

He was never putting up money because it doesn't help his race baiting racist agenda.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:37 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,519,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You got a link for that?
He said:

"I don't want nothing to do with white people. I don't believe they want anything to do with me. I don't want no (white) friends. It's me and my boys."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/5401591002/

But to be fair to James, this quote doesn't look great in isolation, but in the context of the broader discussion it was really fine.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:18 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,165,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
Fact, all cops are not bad.

Fact, all Black people are not bad.

Fact, all Black people do not believe that all cops are bad.
Please don’t burst their little bubble.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:39 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
He will do whatever China tells him to do. Gotta keep them sweatshops working 24/7.
Oh, you talking about Phil Knight of Nike? He deals with the Chinese, not Lebron James.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
As long as he bows to his Chinese master.
He’s gonna be a billionaire regardless. Doesn’t matter who he bows to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Who says he has to? Not me. Simply said that he doesn't.

He was never putting up money because it doesn't help his race baiting racist agenda.
As well he shouldn’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh, you talking about Phil Knight of Nike? He deals with the Chinese, not Lebron James.
Bingo.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
He said:

"I don't want nothing to do with white people. I don't believe they want anything to do with me. I don't want no (white) friends. It's me and my boys."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/5401591002/

But to be fair to James, this quote doesn't look great in isolation, but in the context of the broader discussion it was really fine.
...So, when I first went to the ninth grade in high school, I was also like, I'm not ****ing with white people....

Pretty sure most people's world views change between when they are 14 year old boys not having any exposure outside their own neighborhoods, to after they have become worldly, wealthy adults with children of their own.

Kudos for admitting it wasn't a big deal in context, but your original introduction of that quote into the thread seems more than a bit intellectually dishonest.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:36 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Well, Sheriff Villanueva gets some side-eye - no, gets called out - by Kobe Bryant's widow, Vanessa Bryant, for leaking pictures of her husband's crash publicly - in reaction to his challenge to James.

Last edited by silverkris; 09-16-2020 at 11:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies