Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 07:33 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm glad law-breakers are being held to account.

Is $1M bail customary for the charges they face? If not, why did the judge choose those terms? I'm not much for letting politics steer the judicial system, personally.
I think the county is making a statement, don't riot in our county. I think the message might work too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 07:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
In another CD thread on this subject (apparently removed), there was an attached article with these mugshot pictures, and their names and ages. The one on the top right hand corner is 43 YEARS old. Others are in their late 20's/early 30's. I'd expect some (stupid) college students to be aligned with the BLM crap, but seriously...don't these older ones have productive lives?

DH and I lived in Lancaster County, PA almost 40 years ago (we're now living in Western PA). The city of Lancaster has obviously changed, and not for the better. I'm proud of the Judge who set bail, and my Western Pennsylvanian neighbors/friends/coworkers all think the Lt. Governor is a BLM a** kissing jerk.
Bottom line is that the "peaceful protesters" picked the wrong area to pull their marxist nonsense, this time around. And they just got the book thrown at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3D2SVeag4I

Old 09-16-2020, 07:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think the county is making a statement, don't riot in our county. I think the message might work too.
Like I said, I'm not much for letting politics steer the judicial system.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:38 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I can understand going easy on people if they were arrested for something like handcuffing themselves to the front door of the city building or that sort of tresspass etc. civil disobedience.

Arson and assault however should bear the full brunt of the charges.

Still can't believe they gave professor bike-lock a 3 year probation after multiple multiple different assaults and not just some one time thing.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:41 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
In PA, are the elections for Gov and Lt Gov separate? Has fetterman just handed a great campaign spot to his opponent? A campaign spot for Republicans and or Trump to use in PA?

Old 09-16-2020, 08:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
I'm glad law-breakers are being held to account.

Is $1M bail customary for the charges they face? If not, why did the judge choose those terms? I'm not much for letting politics steer the judicial system, personally.

Arson is just short of murder if luck is on their side and if it isn't, it is murder.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:23 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Most people in PA who pay attention to a minimum degree, and who travel the State at all, know not to mess around in Lancaster County. This is the County seat that, at least for awhile, led the Nation as the most electronically surveilled town in the USA.

The Lancaster suburbs are where mid-State conservatives with just a little more money go to live, and the county draws a lot of older retirees with money from all over the region. That's before we get to any Mennonite political influence.

They aren't going to tolerate anything close to what has been going on in other cities, and were always going to send that message. Only the dumbest local people don't get that, of any race.

Million dollar bails are Middle America's way of telling the complicit coastal governements and their terrorist shock troops that their variously active and passive facilitation of domestic terrorism is going to be strictly relegated to their cities.
Lancaster has been taken over. It's not the same place it was 15 years ago.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:27 AM

3,220 posts, read 1,604,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Arson is just short of murder if luck is on their side and if it isn't, it is murder.
Arson is typically considered a lethal force attack, and lethal force in return can be justified.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Like I said, I'm not much for letting politics steer the judicial system.
Me either. Corrupt DAs that refuse to charge and prosecute people that riot, loot, burn, assault innocent people and attack law enforcement, simply because they side with their political orientation, need to be removed from office and charged.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Possibly, sure.

So, is $1M bail normal for arson charges in PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies