Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 02:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
The cops got shot because they did not make the scumbag comply. Like someone posted, why did they tell the dude over and over, get out or I’ll taze you, get out or I’ll spray you?
As I’ve said before, I have cop relatives and I remember one of them showing me a study the FBI did by interviewing cop killers in prison and the common denominator was that they did not take command of the situation from the start. Cops are too gun dependent and I’ve been told by cops that there isn’t much in the way of authority psychology taught to street cops. Got one killed in this case. If I were a street cop I would be demand change.
Victim blaming because you have cop relatives?

It sounds like you have a GREAT handle on the situation. You should actually train cops since you know more than they do.

The fact of the matter is - cops are paying the steep price for liberalism in this country. Nothing they do is right, they fear for their lives, or of being fired, or being charged, found guilty and imprisoned if they shoot someone.

They just can't win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 02:08 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
The cops got shot because they did not make the scumbag comply. Like someone posted, why did they tell the dude over and over, get out or I’ll taze you, get out or I’ll spray you?
Well, they did eventually taser him, but it didn't seem to have much effect. How would it have turned out better if they tasered him immediately instead of after 7 minutes?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:14 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What demographic would that be? White guys with narcotics records?
For example men compose over 90 percent of police killings.

Are police sexist or do men resist arrest and police orders more, do men commit more violent crimes disproportionately, etc.

Asians commit disproportionately less violent crime and are most likely to comply with police requests. Asians are the least likely race to have a bad outcome with police. Are police racist in favor of Asians?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:15 PM

574 posts, read 299,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
for those that don't know - the Sergeant died.
Very sad. Hopefully the scum gets an expedited death sentence, and a needle is too good for this bastard. Another harris hero.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:21 PM

1,301 posts, read 665,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Wonder if the NFL will honor this thug too?

Probably. I'm done with the NFL, will never watch another game again.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:34 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Why can't 2 cops get 1 guy out of a car?
Because it is not easy when someone does not want to go to jail.

I remember one time it took my partner and I almost 10 minutes to drag a drunk guy out of his car. I am 6ft, 190 lbs male, Judo blackbelt and BJJ brown belt. My partner is 5'10" 200 lbs male, played football in college. The drunk guy is 5'8" 190 lbs.

You figure it would be easy for two fit cops to drag a smaller and drunk guy out of his car? Hell no.

P.s. Choke holds are prohibited techniques against active resistant suspect in my agency, otherwise I would put that drunk guy to sleep with a choke and then drag him out of the car

Old 09-15-2020, 02:48 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
People like this driver are going to turn America into the equivalent of a third world country if they are not stopped. A society without laws and law abiding citizens is utter chaos and fails everyone. I wonder if they could use tranquilizers in cases like this. Put his @ss out and let him wake up in a jail cell?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:53 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
for those that don't know - the Sergeant died.
Heart breaking. Cold blooded killer deserves the needle.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:56 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Did it look, at any point, like these guys had control of the situation?

Old 09-15-2020, 03:01 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
he pulled out in front of them.
driving a car with expired tags.
at some point prior to the sound, they knew who he was, and his priors on drugs.
clearly he was on drugs.
and all the refusing.

why not pretty quickly say "I'm counting to 5, and then I'm tasing you" and just DO IT.

And given my lack of taser knowledge, 2 jolts are all that's allowed? All that it can deliver without a recharging period?
I don't know about this particular situation but I've known for a long time that the city of Buffalo doesn't have enough cars for patrols because their budget has been cut so much. We had an incident the other night with 2 police officers and a drugged or mental patient that was waving a bat around and struck the female office in the head. Her partner shot and wounded the guy. When interviewed the police commissioner was asked how come they didn't use a taser and the response was that the budget was cut so much that they didn't have working tasers to hand out to the officers. Things are bad already and they want to defund the police even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies