Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 04:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please pray tell - what exactly do YOU think they should have done - step by step so we can all follow along!
I'm not a cop, have no police training, but know how dangerious traffic stops are and hard it is to remove someone from a car. Either:

1. Give him a ticket, say 'Move along Dave, have a nice day'.

2. Call for backup, tell Dave he'll be tazed, if the car moves or we don't see your hands, you will be shot. Then do it.

In the future, maybe cops won't make traffic stops, or they can call social workers or whoever the defunders have in mind to handle these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 05:09 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
I always tell my rookies that when someone tells you "I don't want to go to jail". Your spider sense better be up and watch out. You know you are about to get in a fight.

The shooter in the video did tell the two Tulsa cops that he doesn't want to go to jail.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:23 PM

365 posts, read 214,191 times
Prayers of comfort offered up for the murdered Sergeant and his family.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:29 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
Oh dear Lord........just look at the weirdo:

Tulsa police arrest David Ware in shooting of 2 officers ...

Old 09-15-2020, 05:35 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
The cops got shot because they did not make the scumbag comply. Like someone posted, why did they tell the dude over and over, get out or I’ll taze you, get out or I’ll spray you?
As I’ve said before, I have cop relatives and I remember one of them showing me a study the FBI did by interviewing cop killers in prison and the common denominator was that they did not take command of the situation from the start. Cops are too gun dependent and I’ve been told by cops that there isn’t much in the way of authority psychology taught to street cops. Got one killed in this case. If I were a street cop I would be demand change.
I could probably do it........but as I've said, he'll end up in the hospital in either the ER or the morgue.

But, of course, my methods of beating the Thanksgiving stuffing out of someone, of pre-emptive strikes are not in favor these days.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
well, there's certainly a portion of the population and CD-land that would be OK with, after certain warnings, just having the cop at the drivers door clock him in the head with the flashlight enough times until he was rendered harmless. Cause clearly, talking to him went nowhere and was not gaining his compliance with lawful orders.

I don't think that's what you mean though.
That's not a bad idea. A, B, and C.

A: We had the big D cell Maglights and they could be used as backup batons. I remember my damage control petty officer saying, "Lieutenant, please don't tell the troopers that! I have a hard enough time keeping those things in order.".

B: If I am someplace where I can't carry a gun, I try to have the biggest Maglight I can get my hands on around ..... for such reasons.

C: To me, hitting someone with a pot of coffee in the face, say in another situation like telling them to cease and desist in a bar fight, is an acceptable approach. That type of use of force is a natural way of thinking to me.........and it may have been that reputation, that I would go that far, that stopped people from fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I always tell my rookies that when someone tells you "I don't want to go to jail". Your spider sense better be up and watch out. You know you are about to get in a fight.

The shooter in the video did tell the two Tulsa cops that he doesn't want to go to jail.
There was a police killing in 1990 or so in Houston where the passenger, one who had been in and out of jail, said he wasn't going back to jail. He got out of the car, leaned across the top, and shot and killed the patrol officer.

On a side point, this reminds of those who say "We got to make prison so bad that no one will ever want to go back!". Such people think that will make people behave but all it will succeed in doing is making the really bad criminal DO ANYTHING to avoid going back to jail.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 09-15-2020 at 05:53 PM..

Old 09-15-2020, 05:40 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

It was more than 7 minutes before they used the taser. I almost think this was too long, but they really are apprehensive to do anything anymore.
I remember just after Floyd died they showed a cop who tased a drugged up dope. He got suspended and charged with assault. They took 5 minutes to try to talk the guy into going to detox and he wouldn't go. Maybe cops should learn Jedi mind tricks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQRtxOcoOVE

Old 09-15-2020, 05:46 PM

431 posts, read 257,417 times
This was hard to watch but is why I don't have one ounce of sympathy for this ridiculous crusades trying to convince us that law enforcement is the problem. RIP Sgt, Craig Johnson and God bless your family.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:49 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Oh dear Lord........just look at the weirdo:

Tulsa police arrest David Ware in shooting of 2 officers ...
I never understand his logic.

He did not want to go to jail, but he decided to shoot 2 cops?

Well, ****. Not only he is going to jail now, but he may get the lethal injection . I don't think Oklahoma is very fond of cop killers.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:00 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Wow, I just watched that video and really felt the guy was going to be okay and the cops would just take him down, but what is reality is the leftists have so much control over media the cops can't really get physical. Result? Cops dead. Wow. Gotta say that criminal was smarter than he was acting, but goes to show you what can happen in REAL life. You know, the life the leftists seem to not be able to see.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:02 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
he pulled out in front of them.
driving a car with expired tags.
at some point prior to the sound, they knew who he was, and his priors on drugs.
clearly he was on drugs.
and all the refusing.

why not pretty quickly say "I'm counting to 5, and then I'm tasing you" and just DO IT.

And given my lack of taser knowledge, 2 jolts are all that's allowed? All that it can deliver without a recharging period?
Cops cannot do their jobs because of the leftist run machine! Are you kidding me? How many officers are losing their jobs and destroyed if they do anything wrong at all???? They can't do their job! The leftists and media have so much blood on their hands it is nuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies