Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 06:13 PM

826 posts, read 244,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I wouldn't do this job for a million dollars, and while I've maintained my position that reform is needed, these idiots who don't comply are insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSa2...has_verified=1
This is why you blow the mother ****ers away when they refuse commands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 06:15 PM

826 posts, read 244,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Seems like the cops gave him every opportunity to exit the car peacefully, and they used the minimal force necessary to get him out. Unfortunately, neither the taser or the pepper spray were enough to disable the man, and turns out he was armed. I don't know how they could have handled it differently.
By blowing his freaking brains out, that's how. Enough with walking on egg shells for thugs. You don't follow commands on the third request, You are dead. Period.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I repeat - police have been unable to be effective because of insane far left liberals. What part of that do you not understand?

It's actually people like you causing this.

And politicians like this one in MA, calling for all police to be de-weaponized. How will they get control then?

https://twitter.com/SenMarkey/status...13214663426049
But Tulsa is one of the most conservative cities in America. A police woman not too long ago was found not guilty of murder for shooting a black guy who she didn't know what he was going to do next.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:20 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I have no idea what they should have done. I don’t train cops for a living. I just said that they were unable to get and maintain control which the FBI reports causes many problems for cops.
You don’t see two good guys getting shot as the undesirable outcome to that situation?
Weird.
ahhh, but if the cops training "after 3 minutes just bullrush his ass including using the flashlight to the noggin" then you'd support that?

because, pretty clearly, that's all that was going to work before the dead cop tased him. A good noggin-cracking.

Would it have been effective since they had exhausted all other opportunities to that point?

The answer is clear - yes.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I always tell my rookies that when someone tells you "I don't want to go to jail". Your spider sense better be up and watch out. You know you are about to get in a fight.

The shooter in the video did tell the two Tulsa cops that he doesn't want to go to jail.
it probably usually (80% of the time?) means they've spent more than a night in jail, doesn't it?

Going far afield from the topic .... didn't Georg Floyd say that during his arrest? I could be wrong, and numerous inconsequential rioting cases have occurred since then.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Oh dear Lord........just look at the weirdo:

Tulsa police arrest David Ware in shooting of 2 officers ...
Oh man, Janellen, I could have done without seeing that...lol. He's going to make a lot of friends in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I remember just after Floyd died they showed a cop who tased a drugged up dope. He got suspended and charged with assault. They took 5 minutes to try to talk the guy into going to detox and he wouldn't go. Maybe cops should learn Jedi mind tricks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQRtxOcoOVE
I don't know about this one. I don't know what police procedure is if someone is just pacing and not agreeing to go detox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
This was hard to watch but is why I don't have one ounce of sympathy for this ridiculous crusades trying to convince us that law enforcement is the problem. RIP Sgt, Craig Johnson and God bless your family.
Reform is needed but the reform needed doesn't justify the level of insanity taking place. They're quickly losing people who were sympathetic to them in May and June. Me included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I never understand his logic.

He did not want to go to jail, but he decided to shoot 2 cops?

Well, ****. Not only he is going to jail now, but he may get the lethal injection . I don't think Oklahoma is very fond of cop killers.
It never makes sense. They run or refuse to comply as though that's going to get them out of that situation when all it does is make it a lot worse.

You're smart to train your people that the minute someone says they don't want to go to prison, to call for back up. This dweeb stated that early on. It may have saved a life, but in some departments, who knows if anyone would have even been quickly available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
This is why you blow the mother ****ers away when they refuse commands.
No, that's been part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But Tulsa is one of the most conservative cities in America. A police woman not too long ago was found not guilty of murder for shooting a black guy who she didn't know what he was going to do next.
It doesn't matter. Police are afraid to do much because of what it will lead to - whether it's a lawsuit against the city, being fired, charged with a crime, getting prison time, or upset the very loud, violent mob in any way.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wow, I just watched that video and really felt the guy was going to be okay and the cops would just take him down, but what is reality is the leftists have so much control over media the cops can't really get physical. Result? Cops dead. Wow. Gotta say that criminal was smarter than he was acting, but goes to show you what can happen in REAL life. You know, the life the leftists seem to not be able to see.
the problem in this scenario is it's possible, even/especially in his drug-addled condition, he was thinking about how he could get his hands on the gun.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:46 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Why can't 2 cops get 1 guy out of a car?

Why can't the guy just get out of the car?

Old 09-15-2020, 07:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Why can't the guy just get out of the car?
Funny how none of the posters pointing their fingers at the cops ever stop to think about how the criminal contributed to his own demise.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
3 years ago.

a non-compliant PCP user.

How many encounters do you think Tulsa PD has had since then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies