Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 02:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please pray tell - what exactly do YOU think they should have done - step by step so we can all follow along!
I'll give you my take on it and I hope the killer gets the death penalty !!!

1) They knew he was a career criminal with drug offense. What is most commonly found with drugs ? Money & Guns !!! They should have treated him as if he was armed !!! They should have realized the real reason he didn't want to get out of the car was he had something in his possession he didn't want the cops to find !!!

2) They should have called for backup so another cop could of had his weapon drawn and ready !!! The cops were in a high risk situation but they never seemed to realize it !!!

3) They really never had any coordinated plan to remove the guy from the car & no plan B if plan A failed !!! Both car doors should have been opened and they should have not been reaching through the windows !!! Taser cop could have entered to push the guy out while the other cop tried to pull him out !!! They would basically have him surrounded, one on each side and not two cops jammed up at one door !!!

4) When the cop tased him the other cop should have been ready to use the mace or whatever the spray was immediately, especially seeing how ineffective the taser was !!! They needed a coordinated plan to overwhelm the guy and they didn't have one !!! They lacked training in how to remove a noncompliant person from a vehicle and I'll bet the dept. had no policy or training on it either !!!

Last edited by phma; 09-16-2020 at 02:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
One thing America has lost being a first world country is way too many elements are mixed. Americans have guns legally and illegally like a third world country, but because it’s a first world country the police aren’t respected because the police can’t abuse their population without consequences. America is still outright better than the third world, but for example unless a terrorist is involved, a Nigerian police officer walks in the room every single troublemaker is on the ground hands up, weapons don’t have to be drawn because that’s the fear third world police put into criminals hearts. Over here people fear the police because of jail time not the police themselves. That video was horrible to watch and I honestly don’t think situations like that are avoidable in America. Especially with the perp, his face doesn’t scream pure evil that’s actually there. The police were far too comfortable with the man.

I understand where the issues come from though, in one situation like riots police are routinely getting in physical altercations with the rioters/looters because for the most part it isn’t only people with criminal records there. But other situations guns are drawn almost immediately.
I said it before but as long as guns are ever present in society we will have police issues.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:47 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I have no idea what they should have done. I don’t train cops for a living. I just said that they were unable to get and maintain control which the FBI reports causes many problems for cops.
You don’t see two good guys getting shot as the undesirable outcome to that situation?
Weird.
Quit making statements then that you can provide alternatives to. You sit behind a desk typing this BS and have no idea what's it's like out there on the streets. Armchair quarterbacking and you don't even do a good job at that.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:04 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think that we need to work on better approaches by police in dealing with non compliant people like this guy and some of the high profile police shootings that resulted in deaths. Personally if a cop has a gun pointed at me I will do what they ask. I will sort out the civil liberties aspect later on.

I have only seen one video where the person was doing what the police asked and got killed anyways. It was when cops were called to a hotel where a person was waving a gun on a balcony. They killed the guy while he was complying and crawling on the floor. But all the others the suspects contributed to their demise. Still the job of the police should be to protect and serve even if someone is difficult.

Leftists have pushed forward a concept that personal/community actions don't matter.

Why are there more police stops in black neighborhoods? Not because statistically there is significantly more crime there, but because of systemic racism.

Why are there more single parents in the black community? Not because of personal choices, but because of systemic racism.

Why are people obese? Not because of personal choices, but because of sugary foods from bad companies.

Why is there less fresh produce for sale in the inner city? Not because studies and businesses say people don't buy it, but because of discrimination.

Why do black people account for 28% of police shootings when they are just 14% of the population? Not because they are 8 to 10 times more likely to resist arrest. Not because that 14% of the population commits 53% of the murders and 61% of the robberies so they have more violent arrests. But because of systemic racism.

Leftism = irresponsibility.

P.S. In the tragic event that you describe unfortunately the guys pants were coming off as he crawled forward in the hallway. He reached for his pants more than once after being told not to, the cop thought he had a gun on his waistline. It is sad, but he was intoxicated and likely would have comprehended why the cop didn't want him to keep reaching for his waistline had he been sober. On the other side, it seems like the police could have had him just lay down with arms spread out and went to him to arrest him.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:45 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I was told by my dad, by my high school, by the Boy Scouts, and I think even my coach that if a cop pulls you over you keep your hands on the wheel, "yes sir, no sir," comply with requests.
And if you don't, you die. That seems just.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:07 AM

227 posts, read 97,949 times
Cops see white skin and let their guard all the way down. Their racism is literally killing them,

Oh well.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because liberals have banned and restricted cops from being too rough and touchy.

You have to ask and warn a person nicely atleast 200 times before politely attempting to remove him.

Or you’re a police brutality pig!
In Tulsa?

Old 09-16-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
What's amazing is there are a whole class of people out there who think he acted within his rights.
Indeed. And a few of them post to this forum.

Some seem to believe government has no right to create traffic laws, license cars or drivers, require insurance, ban drugs, regulate alcohol, etc.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:57 AM

The shooter’s sister claims her brother acted in self defense.

Shooter’s pal who picked him up and disposed of the gun attempted suicide in jail. His attorney wants charges dropped.

So many innocents.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:02 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The shooter’s sister claims her brother acted in self defense.

Shooter’s pal who picked him up and disposed of the gun attempted suicide in jail. His attorney wants charges dropped.

So many innocents.
To be fair, the sister claimed (even though she was never there) her brother acted in self defense before TPD released dash cam and body cam videos.

Now I bet the sister knows her brother is a murderer dirtbag waiting to get his turn on the electric chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies