Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 09:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
when was a firearm pointed at the store clerk?
I don't think the clerk would have raised his arms at one point if a firearm hadn't been pointed at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 09:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,427,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Do these clowns not understand that they're creating racism?
They have brains of neanderthals.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:06 PM

We've got three black people defending this. All I can surmise is that this is the result of a huge cultural difference we're not aware of.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:10 PM

13,513 posts, read 7,865,975 times
Quote:
We've got three black people defending this. All I can surmise is that this is the result of a huge cultural difference we're not aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You must’ve seen a different video than me.

It all looked very rational to me.

If that is what you believe o.k. but this clearly shows a disconnect: One poster says the video shows two private parties peacefully handling a situation. The other the situation was handled rationally.

However, I see nothing peacefully settled or handled rationally. What I see a clerk who clearly feels intimidated

Reminds me a bit like the Mike Brown shooting. I had a co-worker who insisted Brown was on his knees with his hands in the air when he was shot. I explained that wasn't true. That AG Eric Holder had released a report saying there was no prosecutable conduct on the part of officer. However, this didn't matter. In his mind Mike Brown was executed. At which point I changed the subject.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:12 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
I only made it through one minute. I have no clue what's going on.

When the black dude asked the clerk "Who's the Boss?" homie should have replied "Bruce Springsteen".

That's all I got.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:16 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
If that is what you believe o.k. but this clearly shows a disconnect: One poster says the video shows two private parties peacefully handling a situation. The other the situation was handled rationally.

However, I see nothing peacefully settled or handled rationally. What I see a clerk who clearly feels intimidated

Reminds me a bit like the Mike Brown shooting. I had a co-worker who insisted Brown was on his knees with his hands in the air when he was shot. I explained that wasn't true. That AG Eric Holder had released a report saying there was no prosecutable conduct on the part of officer. However, this didn't matter. In his mind Mike Brown was executed. At which point I changed the subject.
At the end of this video the two parties shake hands and the store clerk says "thank you". Peaceful resolution.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
At the end of this video the two parties shake hands and the store clerk says "thank you". Peaceful resolution.
Yep, big cultural difference.

Good to know.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 PM

13,513 posts, read 7,865,975 times
Quote:

Again I'd argue nothing was peacefully resolved. The BP who demanded the clerk close the shop didn't shake his hand. He waved him on and said you need to get out of here.

The gesture (hand shake) the clerk offered two of the BP also at the scene was an attempt to defused the situation. In fact the clerk had been trying to defuse this situation from the time it started. However, the BP doing the talking was having none it. He insisted the store be closed end of discussion.

Last edited by john3232; 09-15-2020 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-15-2020, 10:05 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It all looked very rational to me.
Quote:
Men approach an individual, display overwhelming force, make whatever demand they like, the individual complies. That's how it's been done since time immemorial. No problem, right? Unless you care about the whole civilization thing...

Old 09-15-2020, 10:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,663,410 times
Quote:
Do these clowns not understand that they're creating racism?
There are some conspiracy theories that this is all some jedi mind trick that the real white supremecists planned it all like this for black people to self segregate, but man there's just no way, that would be some second, third, millionnth level stuff nobody is that diabolically genius

This real evil genius behind this is that of Karl Marx playing out through the postmodernist 'scholars' that created this movement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies