Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 10:45 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times

Advertisements

Trump2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 11:23 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Illegal she is not native born nor her parents
If Biden does win, I'll be very happy for Republicans to waste time investigating Harris. They can spend their efforts on that while Democrats clean up Republicans' mess.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:26 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Illegal she is not native born nor her parents
Knock it off with the birther nonsense already.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:46 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If you vote for Biden and end up with Harris as POTUS (either officially or unofficially), would that be okay with you?

(Of course, Trump, third-party, and non-voters can weigh in with their opinions, also, but I don't think there will be any surprises in what you post.)
Yeah, I would be. I sure don't want Trump again.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:49 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakefront16 View Post
I suspect they are NOT going to be able to wait and play this campaign thing out by propping Biden up much longer (possibly not at all depending upon how his appearance in FL in a few minutes goes or does not) - with seven more weeks to go, no doubt Biden’s handlers are looking for any procedural “Hail Mary” they can pull on the voters and switch up their ticket to be “Harris-????”

Maybe what a lot of us should be wondering is who the Vice President will actually be, in the last week(s) heading into Nov 3 Election Day?
The Dems will not change anything at this late date.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:04 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
HELL NO.

If you vote for Biden, you're really just voting for Kamala Harris. Because there's NO WAY Biden will finish his term if elected, mark my words.

Kamala Harris is a secret communist.
If a communist is secret, then how do you know they're a communist at all?
That's nonsensical and silly.

No one ever votes for the Vice President. We get no choice in that selection.

I'm sure Biden will serve 4 years with no major health problems. So accordingly, I think Harris will be the Vice President only, and traditionally, the VP is a dead-end office. Once one's time in it is over, it's the end of their political career.

Joe already said he won't run for a second term, so I'm pretty sure Harris will go when he does in 2024.

As a sitting Senator, I'm also sure she'll handle the VP's job just fine, as most of it deals with the Senate.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:42 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If you vote for Biden and end up with Harris as POTUS (either officially or unofficially), would that be okay with you?

(Of course, Trump, third-party, and non-voters can weigh in with their opinions, also, but I don't think there will be any surprises in what you post.)
It was pretty obvious the day he was told Harris, oops, I mean the day he "selected" Harris as his "woman of color" running mate, that he was the place holder and she was the candidate. They both acknowledged that just yesterday I believe.

You question is essentially, the horse left the barn three weeks ago, so are you okay with that today?

Old 09-16-2020, 12:53 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I'm not ok with it, but when she fails to defund the police, forgive student loans, legalize marijuana, and hand out reparations, liberals are going to be very pissed off.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I'm not ok with it, but when she fails to defund the police, forgive student loans, legalize marijuana, and hand out reparations, liberals are going to be very pissed off.
As VP, Harris won't have any part of the process that would produce any of that stuff. Her job would be running the Senate while it's in session.

She could act as an advisor to the Congress people who could do the work of making a law a law, but she has no power to do any of that by herself.

The job of whipping up support for a law that passes in the Senate isn't up to the VP; it'sthe the Party Whips that do it. They're the ones who do the arm-twisting and the counting. Harris will know how its going, but all she can do is run the gavel and announce the results.

It's not at all the same job as the Speaker of the House's job. The Speaker actually has a lot of power in the House. The VP doesn't have those powers at all. In the Senate, the Majority Leader has the Speaker's power.

No bills ever come from the VP. If a bill comes from the Administrative branch, it always comes from President.

The Vice Presidency is actually a position that's almost empty of responsibilities.

Their role in the Senate is to be a parliamentarian, and their other role is to be the substitute for the President in some foreign affairs, and the ready reserve for a President who can no longer do the job, either temporarily or permanently.

No President would have much of a chance of passing laws that would defund police, forgive student loans, legalize marijuana or hand out reparations without big support in both Houses of Congress and a lot of members of the other party who cross over and support their passage.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Not ok, that’s why I will not vote for a Biden. Trojan horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies