Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 08:15 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I was a democrat all my life. Then became an independent and now I am a republican. Wow, I still can't believe it, but here is my response as I am someone that wants the US to do as best it can.

1. I don't want the democrats to win because they are not looking out for the majority of us all, they are catering to really a lot of lawless people. I don't want that. I also don't like how the democrats are dismantling our history and making white people especially white men feel bad about being white. What is their problem?

2. If Biden gets elected I will hope he does a great job for our country as any real patriot and intelligent person would want. If he is unable to do his job, which is unlikely since he will just sit there and be a puppet for the ultra left that controls the media anyway, and that idiot Harris gets in there, then I hope she does a good job and sides more with police. Why would I want anyone to do a bad job if POTUS? I would have to be amazingly spoiled rotten to not hope whoever is president to do a good job for our country! Who wouldn't unless you are mentally unstable!
Thank you for wishing the best for our country regardless of who wins. I only have two disagreements with your post:

"...making white people especially white men feel bad about being white." I'm a white man. I don't feel bad about being white. I think black people sometimes get the shaft. That makes me want to change things for them, but it doesn't make me feel guilty at all.

"...he will just sit there and be a puppet for the ultra left..." I don't see any evidence for this. During the primary debates, when most of the candidates supported Medicare for All, Biden was one of the few that said he didn't want that, he doesn't want to eliminate private insurance. And this summer, when the ultra-left is calling to defund the police, Biden has been clear that he is against that. Why do you think Biden won the nomination? Because Sanders and Warren et al were too far left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
We ain't talking about what he intends, Bro......
Any President could kick the bucket, including morbidly obese Don.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:20 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If you vote for Biden and end up with Harris as POTUS (either officially or unofficially), would that be okay with you?

(Of course, Trump, third-party, and non-voters can weigh in with their opinions, also, but I don't think there will be any surprises in what you post.)
I have just become a registered Democrat for the first time in my life. Up in Massachusetts I was always a registered Independent and voted for whom I liked better. NOW, even though I don't particularly like Biden, I like him better than Trump.

I don't like why I am voting for Biden either. I am HOPING Ms. Harris WILL need to take over the POTUS position somewhere along the line. ANYTHING to get rid of Trump. That said, I still think Donald was better than Killary but he needs to go now.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:21 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Fine with me.

Getting Don the Con out is my only priority this election.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:28 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,046 times
I'm fine with a VP taking over if the President is incapacitated (death, illness, whatever). I'm fine with Pence taking over for Trump. I'm fine with Harris taking over for Biden. It has been almost 60 years since a VP had to take over for a Presidential succession under those circumstances. We'll likely never see a President resign ever again. Republicans had only 1 Senator break ranks in January. Nixon resigned because he lost support from his party. That simply won't happen again.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:29 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Harris is toxic waste. Her positions are incompatible with freedom, under any stretch of the imagination. ...
OK, here's your chance: provide support.

Lay out her positions as you know them and links to show it.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Illegal she is not native born nor her parents
Oh, so you are a birther I see.

Ok, then.

Where WAS she born?

Show us your evidence.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Any President could kick the bucket, including morbidly obese Don.
Exactly. JFK intended to serve out his full term too, so did Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley ...

President mini-strokes Adderall head tub-o-lard could go at any moment without warning.

We know not the day nor the hour ...

Old 09-16-2020, 08:42 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,202 times
HELZ NO!!!!! He should have had Tulsi Gabbard on his ticket. She is more moderate, served her country in the military and isn’t out to destroy gun rights.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Illegal she is not native born nor her parents
Huhn??? She was born in Oakland, California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies