Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 12:15 PM

8,881 posts, read 5,364,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We took a piecemeal approach. We had states shutting down before the virus really got to them, and then declaring they were reopening just as it was hitting a peak, which caused big spikes and closing once again.

This is what happens when there is no coordinated national leadership. Every state is doing their own thing as if they exist in a bubble because the president abdicated his responsibility.

We need some real leadership at the top if we're ever going to contain this thing, and that clearly will not come from Trump, who has done nothing but twiddle his fingers as 200,000 Americans died. I have no difficulty imagining a doubling of that number if we keep this do-nothing, know-nothing fool in office, because he has no plan, and has no plan to even think about creating a plan.

His entire "plan" is to continue to do nothing. And here we are.
Governors run states. Presidents run the country. What are you expecting the president to do to 50 states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 12:22 PM

29,432 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I assume he is talking about Covid deaths. What is his plan exactly. Lock us all down again. Makes sense

Research his COVID advisers. They are *unanimously* in favor of further restrictions
Here is the thing, how can he even say this and people actually believe him ? CV-19 is not going away. It's ones responsibility to distance, sanitize, and mask up. Some choose to do so, others don't. How is he going to make sure everyone does ?

Also, in another post I showed some links to maps in my state. One map was the covid hotspots throughout the state, the one was a map of all the colleges, and the last one was were protests were held. With the exception of a couple of areas....they maps pretty much overlapped. That tells me the kids that are in college are not practicing what they should be. So, Biden is going to be the savior ? He is going to change all this ? Right....

Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 PM

828 posts, read 415,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

There is zero proof the Dems and/or Biden would have done any better, or any worse. Blue states have fared much worse than Red states however.
Just disagree with this part. Other countries that limited travel from China did much better.
And proven stay at home slowed down they spread. So Dems encouraging people to go out more VS stay at home . But agree same number would evidently become infected no matter what we did.
If there is a vaccine then slowing it down would have an effect.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:42 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can you post a link to Biden saying this? I could not find anything where he said 250,000 will die if he is not elected.
Still waiting for some evidence that Biden even actually said this

Old 09-17-2020, 12:50 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The CDC scientists said that only ~12,000 died only of C-19, the rest died due to co-morbidities (avg death had 2.6 co-morbidities). I believe the CDC scientists....don't you?
Is there some reason you continue with this false narrative, or do you just not get it?

No one dies of just Covid-19. If the death certificate says they had Covid-19 and pneumonia, in most cases the pneumonia was a symptom of the Covid-19 infection. They died of pneumonia, but it was caused by Covid-19. Same with respiratory distress and multiple organ failure. All of these can result from Covid-19 infection.

So yes, I believe the CDC, which reports as of today 196,277 deaths
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ses_totalcases

Old 09-17-2020, 05:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 4,733,894 times
Disgruntled employee. Next she'll write a book to cash in on Trump hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies