Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 03:34 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,642 times

Advertisements

How's that? Liberals quadrupling up on new Planned Parenthood locations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 03:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,107,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Per medical experts. Couldn't say if mandatory masks by presidential directive was legally viable. Could be a civil righs issue. Would involve all governors in the decision.
Biden already had to walk back on mandatory mask mandates. Citing constitutional issues

What is his real plan in layman’s terms? Is it constant lockdowns? Mandatory vaccinations? Surveillance to “contact trace”?

Old 09-16-2020, 03:38 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Trump said he gets his advise from waiters if the American Public should wear masks, but his own CDC just said a mask is better then the vaccine. This is why Presidents rely on experts not echo chambers from Twitter. Trump looks to his base for his public policy that's not leading.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:40 PM

19,238 posts, read 17,117,587 times
OP is there a reference where this alleged statement was made?

Old 09-16-2020, 03:45 PM

6,111 posts, read 2,734,769 times
Seems about right if Trump gets a second term maybe even more.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Didn't we do that already?
We took a piecemeal approach. We had states shutting down before the virus really got to them, and then declaring they were reopening just as it was hitting a peak, which caused big spikes and closing once again.

This is what happens when there is no coordinated national leadership. Every state is doing their own thing as if they exist in a bubble because the president abdicated his responsibility.

We need some real leadership at the top if we're ever going to contain this thing, and that clearly will not come from Trump, who has done nothing but twiddle his fingers as 200,000 Americans died. I have no difficulty imagining a doubling of that number if we keep this do-nothing, know-nothing fool in office, because he has no plan, and has no plan to even think about creating a plan.

His entire "plan" is to continue to do nothing. And here we are.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:46 PM

25,814 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
My area of the country isn't ignoring the use of masks. Pretty much everyone except the mouthbreathing ignorants have masks.

Today Trump's CDC Guru says they're probably better than a vaccine.

Don't have to tell me twice. Love it. Look at the maskless idiots and say to them, Mr Darwin, you were right, sir.

They say, "My name is Jethro, who ya callin' Darwin?"

Good way to thin the herd.
Yeah, sure thing... meanwhile back in Realityville, the vast majority of those "mouthbreathers" have right around a 0.03% chance of dying of covid. Darwin says that they have a higher chance of dying in a car crash on the freeway. And WAY higher chance of dying of cancer. So tell me, oh wise one, is a 0.03% chance of dying REALLY motivation enough for you to shame and insult everyone into wearing a mask? Or is there some other motivation behind your fixation, virtue signaling, and insults?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump looks to his base for his public policy that's not leading.
What you meant to say is: "That's not authoritarian."

You see, the way this government is supposed to work is EXACTLY "looking to his base for policy." Way back when, before they decided to not teach anything relevant or factual in public schools, there used to be classes called American History and Civics and Government. In such classes, concepts such as this were introduced: "that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Thus, the way this nation was supposed to work is that the "leaders" were not so much leaders as they were listeners. They listened to the will of the people, assuming it were just and reasonable, and set policy based on that. What we have now is the tail wagging the dog.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-16-2020 at 03:58 PM..

Old 09-16-2020, 03:48 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
I wouldnt trust Biden to keep my dog from getting Covid much less myself or my family. The guy clearly has early onset dementia.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:50 PM

16,108 posts, read 10,775,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What is Biden’s plan?
Look it up.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:51 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,052,732 times
So why don’t they just tell us what we should do differently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies