Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 03:19 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times

Advertisements

As a millennial, isn’t that common knowledge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 04:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
One and a half million people were killed at Auschwitz, not in the entire Holocaust.
Read again:

Quote:
The Auschwitz camp museum changed their plaque a few years ago from an estimated 4 million dead down to 1 and a half million. That means you need to deduct 2.5 million from the often touted "6 million" total, which would bring the revised total down to 3.5 million.
They didn't say 1.5 million TOTAL.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:11 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe it.

There are also many that believe that slavery was created by white Americans.

There are many ignorant people out there.
I dunno CCT, something tells me that school teachers are leaving this stuff out of their lesson plans. I hope I’m wrong about this.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:39 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Well they think their fascist organisation is Anti Fascist, so nothing would surprise.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:20 AM

8,337 posts, read 2,965,021 times
It’s a wonder that number hasn’t been revised to 8 or 10 million. Perhaps the next Hollywood Holocaust flick.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:25 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I dunno CCT, something tells me that school teachers are leaving this stuff out of their lesson plans. I hope I’m wrong about this.
It was never pushed when I goto school. Then again I remember seeing bits and pieces of Little Rock in fifth grade. I wouldn't say it was forced down us like this whole "whites are evil narrative " conservatives are trying to play is involved in every form of education.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:27 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm pretty sure that's not all they are not aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if these same people didn't know what happened on 9/11 and many other things. And it's not all millenials and Gen Z either.
They also proved in the past 4 months that they know NOTHING about the founding fathers and the constitution and grand narrative of the United States of America

Old 09-18-2020, 09:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Good lord! Says a lot about the state of our education industry!

Old 09-18-2020, 09:59 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm pretty sure that's not all they are not aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if these same people didn't know what happened on 9/11 and many other things. And it's not all millenials and Gen Z either.

Never have we lived in a time where information was so readily available at our fingertips within seconds, yet that doesn't seem to have helped ignorance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-mill...090037315.html
Oh sheesh. I've asked young folks who were ranting on about current politics if they knew who we were fighting in WW2 and gotten answers you wouldn't believe. I've heard some good ones. One I heard a lot was they think WW2 was the Cuvil War. We were fighting to free the slaves.

Other good ones were the British, Saddam Hussein, even North Korea. Public school hasn't taught real history in decades. My own son was sent to the office multiple times in High School for "disrupting class" because he dared to argue with his English teacher who was talking about the Civil War.

His ENGLISH teacher. My son knows his history. After the third time this happened I got pretty mad. Had a frank discussion with the vice principal, a guy I went to school with, and put a stone cold stop to that bilge.

The only conflict my son was presented any curriculum on in HS was the Civil War. Touched on only briefly as the freeing of the slaves in the South.

He learned a LOT more from our reenactment time and our books at home. None of which included The Turner Diaries I might add. But we did have The Red Badge of Courage.

The Holocaust, the purges in the USSR under Stalin, in China under Mao, WW1 and 2, The Korean War, Vietnam, DS1 and going back the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 he learned from home. My Dad was a vet, WW2 (Japan occupation force) Korea (all three long years) and Vietnam.

Sheesh, a huge percentage of gen Z was raised by public school. Their parents were "to busy" to actually be involved ed with their kids. Though they posted lovey divey pics on social media touting how proud they were as parents. Time with their kids was a photo op, not actual raising. And now gen Z are having kids. That's scary.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Good point. Stalin was just an awful human being, but he was our ally....

Likely why his atrocities aren't publicized as those of others are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies