Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 05:18 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Brain washing or teaching kids to think and question? Just because someone doesn't get in line and sing from the Trump Songbook doesn't mean they hate the country. As Lincoln said is this not "A government of the people, by the people and for the people" that doesn't mean that ever generation will interpret this in the same way.

I'm sure the same sentiments were expressed back in the 60's when the younger generations started questioning the way things were and pushed to change them...
People would do well to absorb this. Ironically, it's many of the same generation (Trump's generation) who are so opposed to this. "Do as I say, not as I did."

Also, ironically, I thought Republicans wanted have long wanted to end the federal Department of Education, even suggesting that it should be merged with the Department of Labor. But not when it comes to one of his goofy nationalism indoctrination programs.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brown...-of-education/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 05:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
It's no surprise Obama was attracted to his MARXIST Professors as he stated in one of his books.

Just another subverted demoralized idiot that HATES his own country and wants to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM it.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews.../#1d9a8023155a

Trump is literally trying to change history and is the one doing the indoctrination. This is very similar to the propaganda distributed to the Hitler Youth. Do not be fooled, Trump has no respect the constitution or this country is will just try to govern has he pleases. This is how fascism starts, if we don't do anything about it.
As soon as I saw the Hitler comparison, I stopped reading.

Diagnosis: Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:20 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Brain washing or teaching kids to think and question? Just because someone doesn't get in line and sing from the Trump Songbook doesn't mean they hate the country. As Lincoln said is this not "A government of the people, by the people and for the people" that doesn't mean that ever generation will interpret this in the same way.

I'm sure the same sentiments were expressed back in the 60's when the younger generations started questioning the way things were and pushed to change them...
And you are just as wrong as Trump is in sticking your beak into the education of other peoples children.

I laugh when I see old left brained hippies trying to come off as open minded free thinkers while running the establishment apparatus.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Trump creates "Patriotic Education" Comission

Trump could use some of that education himself. They could start with the concept of 'The Peaceful Transfer Of Power", something his recent statements indicate is one of the many things he's ignorant about. .

Old 09-24-2020, 05:24 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
Before he starts a new commission, he needs to ensure what we have works. He closed the IRS processing centers for Covid even though it was a "hoax." They are still not caught up. Everything he touches breaks.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Before he starts a new commission, he needs to ensure what we have works. He closed the IRS processing centers for Covid even though it was a "hoax." They are still not caught up. Everything he touches breaks.
How about the peace that is breaking out in the Middle East on his watch?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...s-what-to-know

I know -- your side thinks it was Obama's work that got this done, right?

Old 09-24-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The IRS was broken way before Trump. Time to burn that criminal agency down

Old 09-24-2020, 05:27 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And you are just as wrong as Trump is in sticking your beak into the education of other peoples children.
Everyone's tax dollars fund education, not just parents. With that in mind, it's fair game for a taxpayer, whether they have kids in school or not, to know about and offer public comment on how that money is being used.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump creates "Patriotic Education" Comission

Trump could use some of that education himself. They could start with the concept of 'The Peaceful Transfer Of Power", something his recent statements indicate is one of the many things he's ignorant about. .
Still pushing your Trump wont leave office narrative to justify the looming coup attempt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies