Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 09:52 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This silent majority thing is such a hoot. You are seeing signs for Trump precisely because his supporters are anything but silent. They are loud and love to get in others faces with their views. The number of signs does not necessarily translate into general population support for Trump.
Not true. I live in MA where most people are liberal democrats. I am basically afraid to say I am voting for Trump around here, I literally think I'd lose my job. I'm not the majority in my state but I am silent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 09:53 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah that woman in CA after Trump won screaming nooooo, noooo, crying like a baby. I don't think you will ever see a Republican do anything remotely close to that. Too funny though.

I look specifically for that video when I'm a little down and needing a laugh.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 AM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
News flash: The people doing the burning, looting, destruction and harassment are not carrying Biden signs!
Maybe not, but they all utterly despise Trump, so that severely limits their voting options, wouldn't ya say?

Old 09-18-2020, 09:55 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Their money.

Glad to see it knots yer knickers, however. Well spent.
Last week, I was at a yard sale. The lady had a whole table full of Trump hats, T-shirts, flags, and banners (I bought a flag for $15.00). The Trump merchandise seemed to be selling like hotcakes, faster than the typical yard sale items she had. Her house and yard were decorated with Trump signs, banners, and a flag. I was wearing my "Trump 2020" mask, and glad I could keep it on without attracting the "stink eye" from anyone. I've been wearing my mask and red MAGA hat around town, and once in a blue moon I'll get a withering look, but like I stated in my previous post, "This is MAGALAND".

Hope she cleaned up on selling her merchandise.

P.S. Her next door neighbor had a large pink "Women for Trump" banner draped across her front porch.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:58 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
22 houses on our street, 16 of them have Trump signs. My parents live around 30 miles away. On that drive I lost count of how many Trump, signs and banners I see. I've counted 4 Biden households , although one is really making up for it..I think there is at least 10 signs in his yard and 3 or 4 banners on his house and garage.

And this is in the metro Detroit area. I won't even bring up what I've seen going from our home to our rural cottage in northern lower MI.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:58 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
News flash: The people doing the burning, looting, destruction and harassment are not carrying Biden signs!
correct, the sign is upstairs in their parents front yard

Old 09-18-2020, 10:03 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You're freakin' hilarious. We're "loud and love to get in others faces with our views?". Tell me you're joking before I puke all over my computer screen.

We put up signs and bumper stickers. You all burn, loot, destroy, murder, and harass people in restaurants and in front of their homes with groups of roving leftist lunatics.
"We" all burn loot, destroy....yeah, sure buddy. In your Faux News induced ragey dreams.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:04 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
I assume that person is in Barrington IL. Its a very wealthy suburb. Its quite possible they just dont want their nice homes with their 50,000 property tax price tags destroyed by some friendly neighbors from NOrth lawndale
No, there is a legitimate blue shift happening in the suburbs right now. Just like there is a red shift in rural America. Also, parts of Barrington are increasingly diverse, and Asian Americans typically vote 70%+ for the Dems these days.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:10 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
No, there is a legitimate blue shift happening in the suburbs right now. Just like there is a red shift in rural America. Also, parts of Barrington are increasingly diverse, and Asian Americans typically vote 70%+ for the Dems these days.
We shall see. The chicago suburbs have at least in recent times been some shade of purple. I am interested to see how the collar counties vote this year. Not that it will matter in IL. Downstate, outside of metro east and champaign I suspect will be stongly for trump. I see the school shutdowns and the fear mongering of covid as really hurting the democrats.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This silent majority thing is such a hoot. You are seeing signs for Trump precisely because his supporters are anything but silent. They are loud and love to get in others faces with their views. The number of signs does not necessarily translate into general population support for Trump.
I think you are wrong to a certain degree. While die hard Trump fans are loud and proud, there are a TON of us who are very much silent. My own kids, democrats, still have no idea who their dad and I voted for in 2016 (Trump) because we know it would cause a rift in our family. I know a LOT of people who are also very quiet about their support due to where they live, work or go to school. Others keep quiet because they do not want to justify their vote for Trump with friends and family. I truly do believe there is a silent majority that will be voting for Trump in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies