Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 11:46 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times

Advertisements

Haven't watched all of it saw some highlights on MSNBC Trump having a tough time answering these questions. I watched more of it Trump is going to get destroyed at the debates trying to answer these questions.

Last edited by kell490; 09-16-2020 at 12:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 04:03 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
In possibly the most surreal moment of the town hall, President Trump tried to blame Joe Biden for not instituting a national mandate on masks.

__________________________________________________ ________________

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1306...b68d1b09c9541a

__________________________________________________ ________________

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=73035489

BARD: Yes I did. The wearing of masks has proven to lessen the spread of COVID. Why don’t you support a mandate for national mask wearing? And why don’t you wear a mask more often?

TRUMP: Well, I do wear them when I have to and when I’m in hospitals and other locations. But I will say this. They said at the Democrat convention they're going to do a national mandate. They never did it, because they’ve checked out and they didn’t do it.

And a good question is, you ask why Joe Biden -- they said we’re going to do a national mandate on masks.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:25 AM

311 posts, read 172,778 times
I watched both videos and what struck me the most is the vast disparity between Trump’s willingness to insert himself into situations where he is fielding candid questions, with NO preparation or even hint of what he can expect and Biden’s pitifully “staged” events where he reads from a teleprompter before an empty room.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Welcome to our town hall with President Trump.

Mr. President, thank you for joining us.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Thank you very much.

STEPHANOPOULOS: We’re here with a group of Pennsylvania voters, and you can see we’re socially distancing in this COVID era.

You should know that some of these people voted for you last time around. Some voted for Hillary Clinton, some voted for third party candidates, or none, or no one at all.

All have written their own questions. ...

TRUMP: OK.

Conversely, I was actually encouraged and starting to get impressed by Biden yesterday when, after monotone reading from a teleprompter, again, before an empty parking lot, he met in a “round table” with six (6) veterans. And then his condition broke through and it is chilling to watch:

Biden on re-integrating military into society...

[paraphrasing, but the gist is clear]
"If you were a Quartermaster, you should have no, um, er, problem... um... running, uh, a department at... a ladies' department."

Old 09-16-2020, 05:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Haven't watched all of it saw some highlights on MSNBC Trump having a tough time answering these questions. I watched more of it Trump is going to get destroyed at the debates trying to answer these questions.

The exchange over pre-existing conditions is surreal.
George called him out on his promise to provide “great healthcare” in a number of weeks two different times and he had the nerve to actually say he has it.

Where the h*ll is it then?

This town hall was about as successful as the interviews with Mr. Woodward.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:39 AM

21,942 posts, read 9,513,063 times
I laughed at calling them 'undecided voters'. Some of them were more like openly hostile voters.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I laughed at calling them 'undecided voters'. Some of them were more like openly hostile voters.
It was pretty obvious... Nice try liberal media... You fooled the Democrats well....

Old 09-16-2020, 08:50 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Hmmm. some 'herd mentality' herein.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:55 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Yet. Real tough questions also. Laura Ingram says Trump got ambushed which is a the way a Trumper would say he did a horrible job. I wonder who is going to get fired or demoted for allowing real people to ask him real questions?

One thing for sure those putting together the upcoming debates as well as the Biden campaign are watching this and taking notes. I would not be surprised if Trump drops out of the debates.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:01 AM

16,280 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Only this President can say he didn't downplay the risks when he was heard on tape saying those exact words and his supporters will simply ignore it.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:04 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Hmmm. some 'herd mentality' herein.
It’s tough to deny the idiotic statements when it’s on tape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies