Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 09:33 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Kamala, Newsom Take Photo-Op Where CA Home Burned Up. Owner’s Family Blasts: We Can’t Even Go There. You’re Trespassing.

On Tuesday, Democratic vice-presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) joined the governor of her home state, Gavin Newsom, to create a photo-op to push their climate change agenda. The photo was taken on the property of an Auberry, California, family. The homeowner’s grown children said they had not been allowed to visit their home as it was under an evacuation order and added that Harris and Newsom had not gotten permission to be on their property when they took the photos.

The homeowner’s son, Trampas Patten, excoriated Harris and Newsom on Facebook, writing:
For the friends of mine that don’t recognize the fireplace in the background, that is what is left of my parents house! What has me really frustrated right now is the fact that these two politicians used my parents loss for a photo opportunity to push their political agenda! Political party wouldn’t have made a difference in this moment. Decent human beings that have character and class, wouldn’t air someone else’s misfortune on national television! Think about this when you go to the polls in a few weeks to vote. Look at this picture closely, imagine it is what is left of your hard work, hopes, dreams, place of sanctuary. Do you want this kind of leadership, using you and your loss for political gain?!

The family doesn't seem to realize that for all practical purposes in Harris' and Newsom's view - it's not really their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Who the hell names their kid "Trampas"?

I guess the family can try to pursue trespassing charges. More power to them if they do.

Trampas and his mom, Bonnie, are also reportedly registered Republicans, so their umbrage is not exactly unexpected and could possibly be more than a little politically motivated.
<shrug>

Old 09-18-2020, 09:46 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The Demos are setting themselves up to be the ruling class in America. How many times have we seen them behaving badly as if the rules do not apply to them? The rules are for thee not for me should be their motto from Pelosi getting her hair done to Hillary being allowed to delete the subpoenaed Emails, wiping servers and destroying equipment, to the Mueller team doing the same, to Biden admitting on camera his quid pro quo with the Ukraine to get his boy a job and so many others...

The Demoncrats are stacking the voting deck in their favor right now and if they should win they are poised to make so many changes to the nation that we won't recognize it and we will never see a Republican in higher office again.

The trouble is the media belongs to the Left and we will never hear any outrage from them when their leaders do something wrong.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:47 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Demos are setting themselves up to be the ruling class in America. How many times have we seen them behaving badly as if the rules do not apply to them? The rules are for thee not for me should be their motto from Pelosi getting her hair done to Hillary being allowed to delete the subpoenaed Emails, wiping servers and destroying equipment, to the Mueller team doing the same, to Biden admitting on camera his quid pro quo with the Ukraine to get his boy a job and so many others...

The Demoncrats are stacking the voting deck in their favor right now and if they should win they are poised to make so many changes to the nation that we won't recognize it and we will never see a Republican in higher office again.

The trouble is the media belongs to the Left and we will never hear any outrage from them when their leaders do something wrong.

Smiling in front of a pile of burning rubble is THE perfect campaign imagery for Democrats and Harris/Biden 2020.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:55 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Smiling in front of a pile of burning rubble is THE perfect campaign imagery for Democrats and Harris/Biden 2020.
I see a caption in my mind's eye for that picture:
"Our Job Here Is Done"

Old 09-18-2020, 09:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Im sure They are going through the burnt out neighborhoods checking mailboxes for mail in ballots that they can snatch and fill them out since the owners are not around

Old 09-18-2020, 10:14 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im sure They are going through the burnt out neighborhoods checking mailboxes for mail in ballots that they can snatch and fill them out since the owners are not around
Don't give them any ideas...

Old 09-18-2020, 10:18 AM

11,252 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Who the hell names their kid "Trampas"?
Who the hell names their kid Ilhan?

Typical leftist, attacks the victim.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Who the hell names their kid Ilhan?

Typical leftist, attacks the victim.

Not a leftist, sorry.

Also, Trampas isn't a "victim" in any non-snowflake sense of the word in this scenario - it wasn't his property.

You'd also have a tough time demonstrating damage to the property owners in any way. No damage, no "victim" possible.

I'm betting "Ilhan" is a much more common name amongst Muslims than Trampas is in this country: Ilhan is a Quranic name that can be used for both boys and girls. Means "to have a beautiful voice" or "precious". I have to assume Trampas' parents were fans of The Virginian, or at least fans of Wister.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 AM

291 posts, read 109,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
im sure the looters have been doin that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies