Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 01:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
One incident of a dog is systemic !!! Get a grip !!!

The systemic stupidity of the leftwing narrative is getting old but that's where systemic is found !!!
There have been studies done that show the code of silence is a serious problem with most cops never reporting untruthful reports or wrongdoing on the part of fellow officers. That's a systemic problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 02:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There have been studies done that show the code of silence is a serious problem with most cops never reporting untruthful reports or wrongdoing on the part of fellow officers. That's a systemic problem.
That's not the problem the thread is dealing with !!!

You do know what a dog is, don't you ? Besides this thread !!!

The cop is charged with a felony so someone wasn't silent about it ?

Old 09-18-2020, 02:05 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
You police apologists always say just comply and they'll be no issues....

More proof of systemic problems in policing across the country.
yep we do. and by and large compliance works.
We also say when a cop breaks the law, go after him with the full weight.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH. I'm sorry to break it to you guys but there are bad cops out there. There are bad people in all aspects of life. There will always be a small percentage of bad people but as long as the good ones outnumber the bad we will be ok.

If this cop set his dog on this guy and he shouldn't have then he will be reprimanded.

There are literally thousands of arrests across the country everyday and the majority of people comply. A small percentage fight and resist arrest and an even smaller percentage are either tazzed, get roughed up, suffer injuries when the Police need to up their use of force to match or exceed what the suspect is dishing out to them and sometimes people get shot.

It is very rare that an innocent person or someone that is complying gets injured but it does happen.

I guess as a result of this tiny percentage that we should ban, disarm and defund all Police?

Oh well.
The bad apples argument is cold comfort to a man with terrible dog bites to his legs.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
One incident of a dog is systemic !!! Get a grip !!!

The systemic stupidity of the leftwing narrative is getting old but that's where systemic is found !!!
Have you paid attention to the amount of incidents involving the SLC police THIS YEAR ALONE!!

Wake the hell up.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:28 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
You police apologists always say just comply and they'll be no issues....

More proof of systemic problems in policing across the country.
Most people don't say there will be no issues. I would say issues are very few if the person complies. Even less if you are not breaking a law ( although I don't know if this person was breaking the law)

Assuming he did do something wrong it is not proof of systemic racism. It is proof that there are bad police just like there are bad accountants or any other group of people.

Does the fact that my aunt was mugged twice by Mexicans in LA prove there is a systemic problem of Mexicans mugging older white women?

Old 09-18-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Most people don't say there will be no issues. I would say issues are very few if the person complies. Even less if you are not breaking a law ( although I don't know if this person was breaking the law)

Assuming he did do something wrong it is not proof of systemic racism. It is proof that there are bad police just like there are bad accountants or any other group of people.

Does the fact that my aunt was mugged twice by Mexicans in LA prove there is a systemic problem of Mexicans mugging older white women?
There’s a huge difference between being a bad cop and a bad server in a restaurant. Don’t equate the two.

A bad cop can kill your ass dead. Ask Philando Castile or Alton Sterling. They can also maim you REALLY bad like the man in this story with horrible dog bites to his legs.

GOH with the few bad apples bull. A few bad apples can lead to a few dead people. Using my thread to sneakily denigrate Mexicans is bunk. I see what you’re trying to do.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That blue line code is an extremely serious issue. Bottom line is they think they’re above us in terms of the law and accountability. I don’t know why people don’t acknowledge that.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:46 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,074 times
See, now this is an ACTUAL case of police brutality. The suspect was unarmed and trying to comply, yet the police officer decided to use the guy as a chew toy for his police dog.

Unlike most alleged cases of police brutality that turn out to be false, this one is actually legit.
The problem is that too many crazy lefties cry wolf whenever a cop shoots a black suspect, even if the suspect was holding a knife or fighting with the cops, and this 'poisons the well' so to speak, and people become more skeptical whenever claims of police brutality are made because there have been so many false claims.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:53 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Don't rush to judgement, folks....there was a similar case in Northern Arizona a couple weeks ago. At first it looked like an open/shut case of over-reaction. After going over body cams and witness reports, it was discovered that the suspect deserved the dog. Not saying that there aren't occasional over-zealous cops, but wait and see how it comes about before you jump uo and down with joy about the 'bad cop'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies