Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 04:04 AM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times

Advertisements

China has some vacancies in their concentration camps (uh...I mean retraining facilities), but you may get forcefully sterilized, and they may need to "borrow" a few organs from you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 04:44 AM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Not everyone can leave. Living full time in another country legally requires X amount of dollars a year in income to qualify. Not all countries will allow you to work unless you are a natural born citizen. You also have to have health insurance. I’ve looked into it husband and I would consider living abroad no matter who the president was
Unlike here where all you need is decent tennis shoes to become a "citizen". 9 months preggo, no problemo.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:56 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
What do you mean? I live in a rural area of the US and no one wears masks anywhere in my town. Have you ever left a city?
I don't wish to derail your thread with a debate on town-mouse vs. country-mouse. But it does merit mention, that the canonical benefits of urban life - restaurants, concerts, museums, culture and social interaction- are now rudely rendered moot. The sparse and austere places now have much to recommend themselves, not even as a political statement, but as simple acquiescence to the new reality.

More to our topic, I see no panacea or Candy Mountain, where the restrictions on mobility, commerce and personal liberty are moderate, and new restrictions must pass a stringent test of costs vs. benefits. It's easy to blame this or that politician, but from my vantage point, the whole world is to various extents locked down, and the places where local leadership was once adamantly opposed to intrusive policies, are now in many cases just as beset by restrictions.

Having no children, no parents, no relatives and no roots, and quote honestly no particularly strong attachment to life itself, I would fain go where risks are high - perhaps for some, abhorrently high - and take my chances, exercising (in both senses of the word) what now-tiresome critics would pan as "Muh Free-dumbs". If you have actionable advice on where to do this, and how, then by all means I welcome your input, and thank you in advance for offering it.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:03 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I don't wish to derail your thread with a debate on town-mouse vs. country-mouse. But it does merit mention, that the canonical benefits of urban life - restaurants, concerts, museums, culture and social interaction- are now rudely rendered moot. The sparse and austere places now have much to recommend themselves, not even as a political statement, but as simple acquiescence to the new reality.

More to our topic, I see no panacea or Candy Mountain, where the restrictions on mobility, commerce and personal liberty are moderate, and new restrictions must pass a stringent test of costs vs. benefits. It's easy to blame this or that politician, but from my vantage point, the whole world is to various extents locked down, and the places where local leadership was once adamantly opposed to intrusive policies, are now in many cases just as beset by restrictions.

Having no children, no parents, no relatives and no roots, and quote honestly no particularly strong attachment to life itself, I would fain go where risks are high - perhaps for some, abhorrently high - and take my chances, exercising (in both senses of the word) what now-tiresome critics would pan as "Muh Free-dumbs". If you have actionable advice on where to do this, and how, then by all means I welcome your input, and thank you in advance for offering it.

A suggestion-

You might want to dumb-down your comments a bit for the MAGA REDHATTERS. Their president had someone take his SATs for him. They don't know big words like canonical austere acquiescence panacea stringent adamantly intrusive fain abhorrently .....I can see their brains about to implode whilst reading your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqXcbBnUDo

Old 09-19-2020, 02:12 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Libs will learn the hard way that other countries are not fond of open border

Old 09-19-2020, 02:56 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,070,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
We’ve already seen how red states feel about CA residents moving to their states. Even those who declare themselves to be conservative. They know that after a while they will start voting for all the things they miss about living in CA, thereby turning the state blue.
People in other countries probably don’t want Americans becoming citizens in their country bring ideas that their propaganda press has told them all about.
Americans are no threat to other countries and from what little U.S. news people are actually exposed to (except for Canadians) nobody takes the American media seriously outside the US. In Canada, we have a fair number of U.S. expats and they are eager to forget the politcs back home and assimilate into Canada (and we like them).

Old 09-19-2020, 07:43 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Hopefully our next president can restore our standing in the world at least somewhat.
Hilarious-

Obama insulted our traditional allies, yet had the support of all of our enemies.

Presidents, as they are supposed to represent Americans, should be more concerned about the well being of Americans, rather than worrying about what the rest of the world thinks.

In the balance of world history, the US has chosen the correct path 99% of the time, while the rest of the world had descended into war, totalitarian rule, and misery. Of course, this is what liberals love- they look to Europe for "guidance", while they have brought world wars, communism, fascism, and genocide to the world.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:23 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
A suggestion-

You might want to dumb-down your comments a bit for the MAGA REDHATTERS. Their president had someone take his SATs for him. They don't know big words like canonical austere acquiescence panacea stringent adamantly intrusive fain abhorrently .....I can see their brains about to implode whilst reading your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqXcbBnUDo
Lol! We all can read

Old 09-19-2020, 08:25 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I was so disappointed last time when my leftist acquaintances said they'd leave and they never did. Trump is going to win this November, so I'm just wondering what plans you have.
Well some of those Mexican Democrats who are here illegally may be going back to their side of the wall whether they like it or not........

Old 09-19-2020, 09:12 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,434 times
I have thought of leaving the suburbs. There are many beautiful and affordable brick homes in Detroit. Or some smaller community outside the metropolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies