Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I was so disappointed last time when my leftist acquaintances said they'd leave and they never did. Trump is going to win this November, so I'm just wondering what plans you have.

Well, IF he wins, I plan on making sure there's snacks in the pantry and sitting back and watching what more stuff he can screw up and if the cards fall the right way, watching him become the only POTUS to be both impeached twice and removed from office once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 08:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Who's kidding who? Democrats aren't the ones saying anyone who doesn't worship the pledge, the flag, fox news and Trump are committing treason.

In a conservative fundy controlled world, we're all better off dead anyway.

Just reading this sentence....its like from bad science fiction I read when I was younger. A world that just....seemed ludicrous to 10 year old me reading the sort of books where this sentence would show up. But the valiant american hero would have arrived to fix this to me just impossible world.

Meanwhile in reality, this is pretty much things im seeing written every day now.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Who's kidding who? Democrats aren't the ones saying anyone who doesn't worship the pledge, the flag, fox news and Trump are committing treason.

In a conservative fundy controlled world, we're all better off dead anyway.

Well, this scenario has delicious potential.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
How have President Trump's accomplishments affected your daily life?
Well....My foreign friends ask me questions that honestly I have no way of answering that doesn't sound just bonkers.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:42 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious-

Obama insulted our traditional allies, yet had the support of all of our enemies.
Huh? France, UK, Germany; they all loved Obama. The Russians like Trump.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well....My foreign friends ask me questions that honestly I have no way of answering that doesn't sound just bonkers.

Are those the folks who live in the faaaaaaar end of the trailer park?

Old 09-21-2020, 09:27 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Well, this scenario has delicious potential.
As I said to another poster who told me he’d be thrilled if I killed myself, I have absolutely considered it for many reasons, most unrelated to Trump personally. But I have nothing to leave my kids but my life insurance and it won’t pay out for a suicide. So I plod on. But cheer up, maybe I’ll get hit by a bus.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
If it makes you feel any better Hollywood elites are moving in droves it seems they don’t care for rioters in their own neighborhood

Old 09-21-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Are those the folks who live in the faaaaaaar end of the trailer park?

Gosh what a burn. Oh noes, how will I recover.

That was me when I was 10, and ironically growing up in a trailer park. So kinda a good one, but I suspect by accident. Meanwhile Ive been to dozens of countries in my work, and have friends who live in both Asian, and European countries. So I give you half credit there. When I was 10. Much like the level of insult you attempted.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:03 PM

7,643 posts, read 4,589,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
North Korea is, ahem, its own animal. But Brazil is an interesting case. Ostensibly bungled and grossly mismanaged, their approach was to have had catastrophic consequences. Has it? Their case-rate and death-rate closely track those of the US. Could both be cooked? Possibly. But the alternative interpretation, is that even a foolish laxity in response, has rather more benign consequences than might have been surmised.

I'm fairly certain both numbers are about as real as N. Koreas. Here the hospitals get something like $30K extra for every Covid case. With all non-essential procedures gone, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how every cold and flu symptom became classified.

As for Brazil, how is anyone going to even guess at the number of cases in the sprawling favelas? Along that line of thought, what was the government going to realistically do? They've got the most expensive capital in nearly the entire world, massive inequality and amazingly large footprint. May as well whistle past the cemetery.

They are declining though, while their neighbor in Argentina is ramping up.

Sweden was another outlier. They also seemed to have crested and peaked.

Humanity tried, and failed, to contain it. Now it's left to the scientists and medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies