Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 07:27 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They did last time!
They didn’t like the results but they didn’t claim fraud.

It was trump claiming fraud he didn’t get the popular vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 07:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A 4-4 court cannot decide a contested election.

Since Biden is unlikely to accept defeat, the Senate must fill the Ginsberg vacancy.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6192522531001#sp=show-clips
But I thought it was really Trump who is unlikely to accept defeat, due to fraud in counting votes.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
“ Our Republican colleagues in the Senate should follow the rule they set in 2016: Not to consider a Supreme Court justice in an election year," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on the Senate floor, calling for McConnell to wait until voters have spoken. "Anything but that would be the absolute height of hypocrisy."

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," McConnell

But understand that is only to apply when a Democrat is president and the Senate is Republican controlled.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:11 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Who cares what Ted Cruz has to say. I have zero respect for him. Trump humiliated him and degraded his wife. And Cruz cowered and said nothing. A man is no man if he doesn't stand up and defend his wife.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But I thought it was really Trump who is unlikely to accept defeat, due to fraud in counting votes.

Maybe neither side will.

That just makes a complete court even more essential.

Old 09-20-2020, 02:01 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
TF? The right-wing did this unprecedented unethical move to steal the Supreme Court seat, and then four years later they expect the Democrats to be angels and keep to their higher moral ground?

Kids, this is not how life works.

Once you play dirty, you can't be shocked when the other side returns the favor. When the right-wing does that, it scream weak. I'd have more respect if the dirty player just own up to it and say, "Yeah, that's how I roll. Give me your best shot." Instead of this crying, "Hey! Why did you do what I do!"

The right-wing has no moral ground to hold the Democrats. If the right-wing hadn't done what they done four years ago, then they can hold the Democrats to their words.

Democrats have principles, but we're not stupid.

And to top it off, Scalia died in Feb. RBG died 45 days before an election. There is a much stronger case that you let the next administration decide on this matter when it's this close.

Her physical body may have died just a few days ago but her mind was shot years ago. There's a reason she couldn't stay awake at any function. I doubt any vote she made in the past few years was actually hers.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:37 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who cares what Ted Cruz has to say. I have zero respect for him. Trump humiliated him and degraded his wife. And Cruz cowered and said nothing. A man is no man if he doesn't stand up and defend his wife.
Faulty memory or lying?

Ted Cruz: "It's not easy to tick me off. I don't get angry often, but if you mess with my wife, if you mess with my kids, that will do it every time. Donald, you're a sniveling coward and leave Heidi the hell alone."

"Donald, real men don't attack women. Your wife is lovely and Heidi is the love of my life"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...16-9?r=AU&IR=T

Old 09-20-2020, 03:40 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
TF? The right-wing did this unprecedented unethical move to steal the Supreme Court seat, and then four years later they expect the Democrats to be angels and keep to their higher moral ground?

No seat was stolen, as you know. How do you think he would have been confirmed.

No one expects the Dems to hold any moral ground. But as you know, Barrack and Joe agree with Trump.

Old 09-20-2020, 05:57 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Her physical body may have died just a few days ago but her mind was shot years ago. There's a reason she couldn't stay awake at any function. I doubt any vote she made in the past few years was actually hers.
You haven't followed some of her questioning and decisions for the last few years.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:01 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
^^^ This. It's a little scary that so many people are already figuring that therer will be legal issues with the election.

I can't think of a single election in my lifetime where the legal issues involved in the election were at issue 6 weeks before the election was even held.

And regardless, that even MORE reason NOT to fill it now when there is so mucb at risk politically. As I learned from day 1 in law school, bad facts lead to bad law.
They had to come up with some lame excuse in 2016 to block Garland and they need some excuse to change the rules once again. I haven't seen McConnell make the excuse that they need 9 judges for November just some of the right wing pundits, I trust in the courts to make the right decision regarding the election if necessary as was the case in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies