Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 09:26 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, it's exactly the opposite of that. Conservative justices are unlikely to allow the authoritarian left to erode constitutionally guaranteed rights whereas leftist justices are more than happy to help the authoritarian left shred the constitution.

Your temper tantrum about the death of your unconstitutional far left agenda won't change anything.
Keep up your illusion that its the 1950s White America still. Your views are in the distinct minority in America and the only reason they're over-represented is because 1 - the electoral college artificially takes away the votes of many Americans (evident in Hilary winning the popular vote by several million in 2016) and 2 - the Republicans gerry-mandering the congressional districts. The little charade you're playing isn't going to last forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 09:28 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Keep up your illusion that its the 1950s White America still. Your views are in the distinct minority in America and the only reason they're over-represented is because 1 - the electoral college artificially takes away the votes of many Americans (evident in Hilary winning the popular vote by several million in 2016) and 2 - the Republicans gerry-mandering the congressional districts. The little charade you're playing isn't going to last forever.
What a weird and ignorant off topic tantrum you are throwing.....

Old 09-19-2020, 09:29 AM

5,143 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
How so?
Oh please, you wrote: “Is there a qualified black female conservative justice? If that person exists”

We have a country with 330 million people, come on. SCOTUS justices do not have to come from the judiciary.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:30 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
What a weird and ignorant off topic tantrum you are throwing.....
Nope, I'm just calling out how morally corrupt and hypocritical you far-righters are. Amazing that you can live with yourself and pretend you have Christian values. Calling a spade a spade.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:35 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Righties: "We are for following the Constitution because, hey, we are the party of law and justice and we loooove the Constitution, unlike those depraved, craven lefties.

Scalia dies February 13, 2016 – 269 days before end of Obama's term.

Mitch sees his chance and makes up new unconstitutional rule on the spot: "The Senate will not even consider a nomination from the president because reasons.

RBG dies September 19th, less than two months before the election. Mitch: "Erm, forget what I said last time. The president actually does get to choose. And by the way, we are the party of law and justice and we loooove the Constitution, unlike those depraved, craven lefties".

Yeah, sure.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:39 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Oh please, you wrote: “Is there a qualified black female conservative justice? If that person exists”

We have a country with 330 million people, come on. SCOTUS justices do not have to come from the judiciary.
I wrote that because I legitimately don't know if there is a qualified black female conservative justice. There may be 330 million people in America, but how many of them are qualified for the SCOTUS?

Again, I said if there is a qualified black female conservative justice, they are certainly on the short list, so I'm not sure what you were upset about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Nope, I'm just calling out how morally corrupt and hypocritical you far-righters are. Amazing that you can live with yourself and pretend you have Christian values. Calling a spade a spade.
Couple of things here kiddo while you lash out ignorantly.

1. You throwing a tantrum about not getting your way doesn't mean that anyone is "morally corrupt" or "hypocritical"

2. I'm by no means "far right", and you'd have to be incredibly far left to think I was by comparison.

3. I have literally never suggested I have Christian values.

When you lash out like this, it's hard to take you seriously because it comes across as a child in a store throwing a tantrum because their parents won't buy them a toy.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:41 AM

6,335 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Watch them try.......I'll bet you even money they bring up sexual harrassment by her of a female staffer....
They will try anything and everything. But how many women get charged with rape or sexual harassment? A woman can have sex with a guy who is passed out drunk and it's considered a funny joke. So there's no way that many people would take any sex charges against a women seriously.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:45 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Someone conservative and young.
Yup. We want them to be there 30 years from now.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:45 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Racism much?
But it's OK to play the race card if your name is sleepy Joe Biden?

Old 09-19-2020, 09:48 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Stolen from Twitter "Trump should nominate Joe Biden for the Supreme Court, just so the libs will finally pay attention to the rape charges against him."

https://twitter.com/MattyThrice/stat...19905105174531
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies