Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 02:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Question: Is it better to be from a highly educated state?
It isn't better if you're too dumb to keep up with those highly educated people, whether their left or right, they won't have much patience with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Again, most red states (with republican policies) have less access to healthcare which produces fatter poorer people, regardless of their race or ethnicity.
Even though rural people were opposed to it, Oklahoma's lower income people will get easier access to health care, since additional Medicaid under ObamaCare was passed this year.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-22-2020 at 02:46 PM..

Old 09-22-2020, 02:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Work ethic
Avoidance of debt
Family and country a priority
Religious
Patriotic
Enough of this I’m moving back south I love them

Old 09-22-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Most people on welfare are democrats. Look it up. That's a fact. And shouldn't really surprise anyone, either.
Yet, why are there so many poor people living in Republican states? Most of the poorest states are Republican led and less educated. Could some of have to do with the fact that the minimum wage in those states is still only $7.25?

Old 09-22-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This has GOT to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum. Overeating and lack of adequate physical activity results in obesity, not lack of health care.
So what is driving people in the most obese states to love overeating and being too lazy to regularly exercise? Many of them seem too lazy or dumb to get better educated, too, since many come from the less educated states.

Where I come from to walk or jog for exercise you gotta do it at a park, rather than on a street sidewalk to avoid looking like the town weirdo. It's part of the culture.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:40 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You forgot the second part of that sentence: ...,no studies have specifically examined whether or not obese persons have the same access to health care as do their lean counterparts.

and this: We conclude that, although it is clear that obesity is associated with both greater use and cost of medical care, the relationship between obesity and access to medical care has not been determined.

This article did not link obesity with access to healthcare. It was about the need for health care when people are already obese.
That article is 10 years old, so it would be interesting to see what research has happened since regarding correlating obesity specifically, but the relationship with access to healthcare and higher disease rates with minorities have been known for 30 years.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:42 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Even though rural people were opposed to it, Oklahoma's lower income people will get more access to health care, since additional Medicaid under ObamaCare was passed this year.
That is good news. The ACA was passed in 2010, so better late than never.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This may be the dumbest thread, least good information thread, someone has recently started. The bar is getting really low. Doesn't anyone work anymore? If you are retired and this is your "life"? God help you..
I think it's the pandemic. People are getting bored with "social distancing".

Old 09-22-2020, 02:50 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I think it's the pandemic. People are getting bored with "social distancing".
That, and it's real easy to "work from home" and have other windows open on your computer.

With the bars reopening here a lot of the previous "work from home" people are going to them to work. As one told me, "Things are almost back to normal".

Old 09-22-2020, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That, and it's real easy to "work from home" and have other windows open on your computer.

With the bars reopening here a lot of the previous "work from home" people are going to them to work. As one told me, "Things are almost back to normal".
I love it! Work from a bar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies