Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 08:23 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
Hint. If the calorie total and other information is printed on the product you shouldn't be consuming much of that product. Avoid the center isles where that stuff is located. Shop the fresh food. Avoid eating out. That makes a huge difference in both the quality of what you eat and the calories consumed due to less added sugar and other bad stuff. Personally, I find that skipping dinner and eating all my food before about 3pm is the best "diet" for me. I consume less calories, sleep much better, and have lots of time in the evenings to do things like take a walk. Saves tons of money too.
Yep. I had a colleague who did nothing more to alter his diet than stop eating anything at all after 6 pm. He lost 200 pounds, just doing that. That weight loss encouraged him to be more physically active, so now he's not only trim but also toned. Good for him!

Old 09-20-2020, 08:30 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Don't forget our little butterball neighbors in Central America and Mexico. People come here, suddenly they don't have to do physical labor and there's plenty of food so they pork out.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:31 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Don't forget our little butterball neighbors in Central America and Mexico. People come here, suddenly they don't have to do physical labor and there's plenty of food so they pork out.
Yes. After Blacks, Hispanics have the highest obesity rate.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:31 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,074 times
Obesity is a bigger health crisis than Covid-19, yet nobody talks about it.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:34 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post

Oh they do, its just that you cant hear it from under the mask

Old 09-20-2020, 08:36 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,667 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? We never stop talking about it! Americans have a completely disordered relationship with food. Go into any bookstore or library, and you will find racks of weight loss books and magazines. Do you think America’s Biggest Loser became a hit because this country feels good about its general health? Everybody I know wears a Fitbit or something similar. We are absolutely obsessed with our weight.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:39 AM

304 posts, read 151,438 times
Quote:
Baloney. The center aisles are where you can find frozen fruit and veg and packages of whole grains, like brown rice, farro, and quinoa, which are absolutely healthy. Outer aisles? Cheese, bacon, processed lunch meat, deli salads, packages of white bread, etc., which in large quantities are most certainly not.
To each his own. Personally, I avoid most frozen food--vastly prefer fresh and I think it is healthier. I also avoid grains and carbos in general. I'm a low carbo eater, and don't worry much about healthy fats. Sure, there is some processed food in the outer ring, but the bulk of it resides in the center isles. Anything that has added ingredients should be viewed suspiciously. If you can, get stuff at farm stands too. It would be interesting to view film of people checking out at the supermarket. I bet you could make good guesses about their health and weight by viewing what is purchased.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:46 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr2 View Post
To each his own. Personally, I avoid most frozen food--vastly prefer fresh and I think it is healthier. I also avoid grains and carbos in general. I'm a low carbo eater, and don't worry much about healthy fats. Sure, there is some processed food in the outer ring, but the bulk of it resides in the center isles. Anything that has added ingredients should be viewed suspiciously. If you can, get stuff at farm stands too. It would be interesting to view film of people checking out at the supermarket. I bet you could make good guesses about their health and weight by viewing what is purchased.
IQF vegetables and fruits are picked when ripe and frozen immediately. They retain nutrients that dissipate over time in “fresh” produce. They are absolutely good for you. I, btw, would argue that a keto diet is unhealthy.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:02 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Remember when Michelle Obama worked to get junk food out of schools, replaced with more healthy options, and have vending machines full of candy bars removed? Right-wingers went crazy.

Yea, I remember.
The bride of the Messiah. How could I forget? She’s an idiot.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:15 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Yep, and it's a huge reason people die from covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies