Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 06:52 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Everyone does have that "same option" as you put it. It's called absentee voting. Which as often as its been discussed is something I am shocked that you don't know about it.
The difference is that I don’t have to rely on the postal service to return my ballot, which is an issue this year.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:53 AM

23,550 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
They were blocking the doorway should be charged with Class 1 Misdemeanor. In Arizona they will be arrested for doing this I have seen it before. https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/...ction24.2-604/
They weren't blocking the doorway, which was very easy to see in the videos in this thread. And as you can see in the link to the NYT in the post below, election officials had stated they were 100 feet away, not blocking entrances, and, when asked to move even further away they complied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I read this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/19/u...-virginia.html

It says reports that they blocked the entrances were wrong. I don't see where they did anything wrong, just annoying. It really doesn't make sense that they would block the entrance. It's not as if they know who people are voting for. Let's not take the bait like the Trump loyalists are and believe an alternate reality.
"Election officials said that the group stayed about 100 feet from the entrance to the building and, contrary to posts on social media, were not directly blocking access to the building. But they acknowledged that some voters and polling staff members felt intimidated by what some saw as protesters."

"“I don’t think there was any way to need or feel intimidated in any form,” Mr. Rastatter said. He added that county officials asked the group on several instances to back away from the curb, and that the group complied."

<bbm>

Old 09-20-2020, 06:53 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
The difference is that I don’t have to rely on the postal service to return my ballot, which is an issue this year.
No, it's not.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No, it's not.
I think we’re going to have to wait and see how that works out. I expect major issues with voting this year. I wish it weren’t the case, but the Trump administration seems bound and determined to disrupt the process.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I think we’re going to have to wait and see how that works out. I expect major issues with voting this year. I wish it weren’t the case, but the Trump administration seems bound and determined to disrupt the process.
I agree. It has nothing to do with the Postal Service tho. I think the PO is being politicized. I'm pretty sure Trump but DeJoy there to raid it but that has nothing to do with voting.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:03 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"Election officials said that the group stayed about 100 feet from the entrance to the building and, contrary to posts on social media, were not directly blocking access to the building. But they acknowledged that some voters and polling staff members felt intimidated by what some saw as protesters."

"“I don’t think there was any way to need or feel intimidated in any form,” Mr. Rastatter said. He added that county officials asked the group on several instances to back away from the curb, and that the group complied."
Why else were they there if not to intimidate? In open carry States they will be carrying rifles to for better effect.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why else were they there if not to intimidate?
Maybe to campaign? Maybe they just want everyone to know they're an idiot? Maybe the did want to protest early voting?

Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Why else were they there if not to intimidate? In open carry States they will be carrying rifles to for better effect.
Good question.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:11 AM

23,550 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Much of the "major issues" will probably be from the many states that aren't set up for mass mailed ballots. The few states that had set up for that had taken many, many months to do it. Cleaning up the voter rolls, setting a system in place, testing the system, etc. is not something that can be done in just a few short months.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:27 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
How did they know who was voting for Biden and who was voting for Trump?

In other words, how did they know who to intimidate?

Was this a Biden-only polling place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies