Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 04:37 AM

13,227 posts, read 7,280,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont get this early voting stuff. The candidates haven't even debated yet.

And what happens if one of the candidates has to bow out, or dies between now and the election?

What are the rules? Do they get to vote twice? Do they lose their vote. If the candidate bows out and is still living, shouldn't their current vote have to stand as a write-in vote? I mean, it is their own fault for voting so far before the election.
Any examples of a Presidential election where that happened? I've never heard of one. This isn't anything new early voting has been going on for years.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:40 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Any examples of a Presidential election where that happened? I've never heard of one.
I haven't either. That is why I am asking.

But it is something that is within the realm of possibility.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:40 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
I dont get this early voting stuff. The candidates haven't even debated yet.

And what happens if one of the candidates has to bow out, or dies between now and the election?

What are the rules? Do they get to vote twice? Do they lose their vote. If the candidate bows out and is still living, shouldn't their current vote have to stand as a write-in vote? I mean, it is their own fault for voting so far before the election.

This.

Early voting, mail in ballots.......

The Dem's hail Mary pass.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:45 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,153,979 times
Because they are afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm confused. Why are they protesting people voting?

Old 09-20-2020, 04:48 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,848 times
Quote:
Think about that statement you just made. What does that tell you about people who vote for democrats?

Or more appropriately, democrats who DONT vote for democrats.

It is the party of the lazy. Let the government pay for all my stuff. Why should I have to pay for it?

You cant even get your people to get off their asses one day a year to go to a voting booth, much less put in long hours working every day so they can pay for their own stuff.

Less lazy than ****-posting on C-D?

Old 09-20-2020, 04:50 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,153,979 times
Lock them up, should immediately be arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZm...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why were they blocking the entrance to a polling place in the first place?
I'm pretty sure one of them knew what they were doing was illegal.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:53 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Less lazy than ****-posting on C-D?
Which brings me to my other major criticism about dems. Dems are irrational and illogical, too. What does one thing have to do with the other?

I work 80+ hours a week and still manage to post on CD.

Old 09-20-2020, 05:02 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Wake me when they start rioting and burning things down

Old 09-20-2020, 05:03 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,848 times
Quote:
Which brings me to my other major criticism about dems. Dems are irrational and illogical, too. What does one thing have to do with the other?

I work 80+ hours a week and still manage to post on CD.
Congrats, I know plenty of self-entitled MDs who lack critical thinking skills. It's fun to paint in broad strokes, isn't it?

I start work before polling stations open and frequently am still working after polling stations close. Should my access to voting be arbitrarily limited? Am I lazy?

Old 09-20-2020, 05:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,155,752 times
Quote:
Think about that statement you just made. What does that tell you about people who vote for democrats?

Or more appropriately, democrats who DONT vote for democrats.

It is the party of the lazy. Let the government pay for all my stuff. Why should I have to pay for it?

You cant even get your people to get off their asses one day a year to go to a voting booth, much less put in long hours working every day so they can pay for their own stuff.
You bring up good concerns. However, my impression of America is that there is more than one way to do something. That is how we keep people productive, even govenrment can be kept productive in this way. I don't have a problem with alternative ways of voting.

It is not the job of the US government to make lazy people not lazy. Instead the job of the governmet is to provide equal access or equal opportunity to its goods and services in relation to the structure of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.