Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 08:00 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Two wrongs don’t make it right.
Then quit voting for a Republican or Democrat for president. There still isn't a dime's worth of difference between them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 08:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
What the hell? What happened to the best qualified?
Of course it is. No doubt about it. The sad thing is, that's what he has to do because of all the Democrats that only care about gender and skin color.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:01 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Actually, it's only sexist if he made that statement without any knowledge of who the woman would be and if the choice was being made for the sake of being a woman like Joe Biden did with his VP list. But Trump has long had a list of SCOTUS candidates that include both men and women and he has very well likely already had a replacement (a woman) lined up. Unless you can prove otherwise, it is premature to claim that this is sexist, especially with the existence of the list.

This isn't just any woman. He already has a specific woman in mind from his list of qualified individuals to serve in that role.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
One way to avoid all the fake accusers at the hearing by the Democrats.
Women and men can still come forward, as i stayed in my earlier reply women are not as retorted of sexual assault or sexual harassment.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then quit voting for a Republican or Democrat for president. There still isn't a dime's worth of difference between them.
Name a good party to put your vote behind this time. None have the gravitas needed to help sustain the high four the Green Party and more so the Libertarian Party in 2016. The parties went with relative nobodies for 2020.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:05 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If Biden can vow to pick a "woman of color ™" as VP.....

Why can't Trump vow to pick a woman as SC justice?

Biden didn't just say it about his VP. He said the other night when he made his statement about RBG's death that he would choose a "women of color"

Old 09-20-2020, 08:07 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

The most qualified candidates should get the nod 100% of the time.
LOL. What exactly constitutes "most qualified"...

Old 09-20-2020, 08:13 AM

16,602 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
What the hell? What happened to the best qualified?
I thought Biden was foolish to lock himself into making the most important decision a nominee must make, by saying he would only pick a woman of color.
Clearly you lower the qualified pool of potential choices, especially looking for the best qualified.

So now Trump comes along and does almost as bad.
Aside from sending the wrong signal (i.e. that gender or race should play a factor in such a monumental decision), it is sexist when you think about it.
All one needs to do is reverse the sexes and and what he said and you know he would have been accused of sexism for saying "I like men better than women, and I am going to choose a man to fill the seat".

So yes OP, Trump is being sexist and pandering for women voters. I do not like him doing what the Democrats do by virtue signaling with identity politics, but he thinks he knows what is best for his re-election.
Maybe he is right, maybe he isn't.

As to why he is picking a woman, sadly I suspect that any man he might pick will have the usual parade of women claiming they were grouped/assaulted in middle school.
Modern day Democrats have demonstrated they will come up with something, anything to try and thwart a Republican nominee.
So maybe they will still try it, saying the woman nominee sexually assaulted another woman, or maybe even a man.
The tried and true racism claim will likely pop up, religious zealotry, or maybe even Kamala Harris's implication that Catholics are somehow lacking the proper character, like she did with that lower court judge.

`

Old 09-20-2020, 08:14 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiehere View Post
one way to avoid all the fake accusers at the hearing by the democrats.
How is this not sexism? Trump vows to appoint a woman-119515929_10157855199477297_3454761026560812263_n.jpg

Old 09-20-2020, 08:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump is trying to avoid Kavanaugh accusations. Not that women could not have skeletons in their closet, but women typically are less likely to have sexual assault and harassment allegations. Why, because it is about power and up until recently women write frankly aren't typically in power. The only profession you hear that with is typically teaching with the Mary Kay Letourneaus of the world.
Every democrat will say, “Hold my beer. I clearly remember Amy raped me in a party some 2000 years ago in a place I don’t remember and at a location I don’t recall, but I know it was her!!!”

“I believe survivors! I believe survivors!” The rest of them and the fake news media will chant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies