Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider relocating to or relocating from a liberal metropolitan area today?
Relocate to or staying in a liberal metropolitan area 24 26.37%
Relocate from or move from a liberal metropolitan area 67 73.63%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 10:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I live in a Republican state ... Pence's Indiana, fwiw.

More and more Illinois people are moving into Northwest Indiana to escape from Illinois taxes and politics ... but unfortunately, are bringing their liberalism with them.

We will be moving further into Indiana soon to get away from the FIPs.
You mean to rural Indiana? If rural Indiana is like rural Oklahoma, then it's quite a dream land place to move to in order to be in good company with far to the right political conservatives. Such places quite strongly oppose legalization of marijuana, including medical, and more Medicare from ObamaCare. However, as a warning, Oklahoma's 3 biggest metros have been voting against want rural people want. However, that isn't such a big problem if Indiana isn't like Oklahoma and doesn't allow people to vote on state questions to change the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 10:32 PM

17,421 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Got a nice private message from poster WestCobb referencing this thread - at least I think it was this thread.

Since it doesn't really make much sense, I'm hoping someone can translate for me.

Quote:
You joke! I love that you took the redux retirement! You’re sorry ass doesn’t deserve a real retirement. Glad you chested yourself out of one. Yes, please move further away from a liberal area - we don’t neEd your kind sucking on our **** any longer.
If you want to say something to me, don't be a chicken $hit and at least be public about it.

Oh, who said retiring? You people are morons.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
It depends on the career opportunities. There should be an option for willingness to do both. I’ve lived in a number of areas - liberal and conservative. As long as I am able to live comfortably and advance in my career, little else matters for now.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:50 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Poll question is faulty.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:56 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
With all the unrest that's going on in large metros like Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, etc..., I'd rather live in a community where people own guns and support the second amendment. If any of those rioters step foot in those communities, it would not end well for them.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:02 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yep, the liberal cities that are powerhouses of the economy are what make America great. All these supposed patriots turning their back on them are the real anti-Americans.
House prices/rents in the liberal cities (NYC, Bay Area, LA, Seattle, etc) have been shooting up every year for the past several years.

The middle/working class Americans in those cities can no longer to afford there and have to move to cheaper areas. But you wanna call them anti Americans?

Old 09-21-2020, 12:08 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
House prices/rents in the liberal cities (NYC, Bay Area, LA, Seattle, etc) have been shooting up every year for the past several years.
It's supply and demand, simple as that. Maybe the question should be why there is so much demand for these cities. I know why, because I live in one, but maybe think about why so many do?

Old 09-21-2020, 12:14 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post

The middle/working class Americans in those cities can no longer to afford there and have to move to cheaper areas. But you wanna call them anti Americans?
We are talking metropolitan areas here. So we include the suburbs of said places.

I would live in the DMV or Bay Area in a heartbeat which are two of if not the two most liberal metro areas in America and their very wealthy and successful, but both regions are relatively expensive for a reason. I love Houston and Austin as well. So I voted yes.

I alternated between Austin and a suburb of Houston, but when I'm in Houston I live in a 50-50 neighborhood, that's in a 60-40 (Republican) Zip Code, that's in a 50-50 County (Fort Bend although it's leaning Democrat and will likely go Biden by 5 points this election), that in the Houston MSA which was 50-50 last election.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:33 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
It wasn't my idea to leave New Orleans; Katrina made that decision for me.
I like the safe and peaceful small city I settled in. I'm glad to be out of a big city.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:38 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It wasn't my idea to leave New Orleans; Katrina made that decision for me.
I like the safe and peaceful small city I settled in. I'm glad to be out of a big city.
Glad you made it out safe. Where did you end up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies