Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 08:42 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All the money in the world can't convince people to give up their 2nd Amendment Rights, and even Democrat voters own guns for their own and their families' protection.
Nobody ever said anything about repealing 2A. Go pet your AK or something.

For the record, I own quite a few firearms. I have never felt any fear that the government was going to try to confiscate them. But then again, I chose not to live in fear years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 08:47 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nobody ever said anything about repealing 2A. Go pet your AK or something.

For the record, I own quite a few firearms. I have never felt any fear that the government was going to try to confiscate them. But then again, I chose not to live in fear years ago.
By pushing forth a vice president who would be the real president if Biden was elected who outright does not believe that the 2nd amendment grants the people the right to own firearms, you are threatening the 2nd amendment.

There's no argument otherwise.

You should be happy that once this new SCOTUS justice gets placed on the bench, it'll preserve the constitution and make a potential Harris administration that much less disastrous for the country. People will be less motivated to get out to vote against a Harris administration if the amount of damage she'd be capable of would be limited by a conservative SCOTUS.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What travesty? The only travesties I’m seeing are 1) how the Dem mayors have sided with criminals and the terrorist BLM, and B) how the DNC is trying to backdoor in a radical leftist as president who the primary voters soundly rejected.
If you looked at the polls lately, it seems like a lot of Americans like Biden/Harris a lot more than Trump/Pence. About eight points worth on average, not some outlier poll.

Trying to replace RBG before the election had already shown to be galvanizing force for Democrats. ActBlue received over $100 million over the weekend, and individual Democratic candidates are also seeing huge increases.

Ad to that Trump's TikTok banning debacle, which affects four million potential new voters in this election, not to mention several million young people already registered, and the GOP may have a serious problem 44 days from now.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I know, Hillary out spent Trump, 6 to 1.
They have to keep up with fleecing the powerful and ignorant, tradition.
Money does not buy ideas.
Hillary and Trump were both despised by a lot of voters, ma,y of whom decided to vote for Trump after Comey jumped in nine days before the election announcing he was reopening the email case, which went nowhere. She still won the popular vote by over three million voters. Trump, in other words, did not win on his policies or his popularity.

This time there will be no Comey.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
By pushing forth a vice president who would be the real president if Biden was elected who outright does not believe that the 2nd amendment grants the people the right to own firearms, you are threatening the 2nd amendment.

There's no argument otherwise.

You should be happy that once this new SCOTUS justice gets placed on the bench, it'll preserve the constitution and make a potential Harris administration that much less disastrous for the country. People will be less motivated to get out to vote against a Harris administration if the amount of damage she'd be capable of would be limited by a conservative SCOTUS.
You need to do a bit of reading on RBG. She was a close friend of Scalia. Their families vacationed together, and dined together frequently. He would be the first one to tell you that RBG was as loyal to the Constitution as anyone has ever been in the history of SCOTUS.

Don't project your own feelings on a single issue as having any bearing on what the Constitution actually says.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:58 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Nobody ever said anything about repealing 2A.
Compromising 2nd Amendment Rights even more than they are already compromised now is unacceptable. I'll remind you again... All the campaign money in the world can't convince people to give up their 2nd Amendment Rights, and even Democrat voters own guns for their own and their families' protection.

Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Compromising 2nd Amendment Rights even more than they are already compromised now is unacceptable. I'll remind you again... All the campaign money in the world can't convince people to give up their 2nd Amendment Rights, and even Democrat voters own guns for their own and their families' protection.
Pure opinion has nothing to do with the law. Sorry.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:00 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
You need to do a bit of reading on RBG. She was a close friend of Scalia. Their families vacationed together, and dined together frequently. He would be the first one to tell you that RBG was as loyal to the Constitution as anyone has ever been in the history of SCOTUS.

Don't project your own feelings on a single issue as having any bearing on what the Constitution actually says.
LOL nothing I said was about RBG.....it was about how electing a Harris administration is a direct threat to the 2nd amendment given that she's on record arguing that she does not believe that the American people have the right to own firearms.

But if we're talking about her, she was a partisan hack till the end she cared nothing about the constitution because she was an activist first and foremost. Her personal friends saying nice things about her doesn't change any of that.

Anyway, that was a fun deflection from what I actually said though, do you care to comment on any of that?

Old 09-21-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
If you looked at the polls lately, it seems like a lot of Americans like Biden/Harris a lot more than Trump/Pence. About eight points worth on average, not some outlier poll.

Trying to replace RBG before the election had already shown to be galvanizing force for Democrats. ActBlue received over $100 million over the weekend, and individual Democratic candidates are also seeing huge increases.

Ad to that Trump's TikTok banning debacle, which affects four million potential new voters in this election, not to mention several million young people already registered, and the GOP may have a serious problem 44 days from now.
Because the polls were so accurate in 2016.

I will say that watching the 2016 election returns and the lefties' collective meltdown was HIGHLY entertaining.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
There's no evidence of that last sentence whatsoever. Stop the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies