Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 04:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
BS.

Your president is a LYING NASTY, CORRUPT, CROOKED AND IMPEACHED rodeo clown.
May I suggest Meds, a diaper change, play doh, and a nap might help ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 05:05 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Majority of voters are independent. "Timmy started it" is a childish excuse. Republicans are clearly on record saying this should not be done. In their official duties at that, not just on the campaign trail. If you're admitting the Republicans have no more integrity than the Democrats, then you should want to vote out all incumbents regardless of affiliation.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:23 PM

6,103 posts, read 2,725,398 times
The Republicans are sore because of legitimate actions taken by the Dems and now want revenge haha ok.

Wait until the Dems nominate AOC to the bench just to stick it to Republicans.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The Republicans are sore because of legitimate actions taken by the Dems and now want revenge haha ok.

Wait until the Dems nominate AOC to the bench just to stick it to Republicans.
And watch them lose every national election for 5 years because of it.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Trump will fill this vacancy.

Sorry Dems, you've been nasty. You can't now beg for "decorum."

You've maxed out your "decorum" credit cards long ago.

You were hysterical with Kavanaugh, you were hysterical with "impeachment" that you knew wouldn't go anywhere, and you were hysterical with "Mueller" when most of the country knew he'd find nothing with "Russia."

If you wanted to stop this pick, you should have won the Senate in 2018. Remember when you told everyone that you "crushed" Trump in his first mid-term? Oh, well he actually GAINED seats in the Senate.

Oops.

Misery loves company. Donald Trump is going to jail in 2021. Biden isn't going to pardon Trump. Lock him up!

Old 09-22-2020, 05:29 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
If you wanted to stop this pick, you should have won the Senate in 2018. Remember when you told everyone that you "crushed" Trump in his first mid-term? Oh, well he actually GAINED seats in the Senate.

Oops.
Most of the seats won were from already Red states, so it's disingenuous to say "you should have won in 2018" then where only 1/3 of senators were up for re-election in mostly red states where they had advantages to win. A net of 2 seats were lost by Democrats.

I don't think the Mueller hearings really helped Trump and the Republicans, but believe the Kavanaugh attacks likely unified some conservatives with Trump.

The Kavanaugh hearings and then vote likely hurt Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota. Not sure if she would have lost anyways.

Florida was close but Bill Nelson had to compete against a younger former governor in that state.

As for the impeachment, it was necessary in the House but mostly a wasteful exercise after that. The evidence wasn't damning enough, and not sure what the Democrats (Pelosi) thought it would go in a majority Republican Senate.

For the record, I don't think the Democrats (Schumer, Harris and other Democratic Senators) this time should protest vehemently like they did with Kavanaugh. Hopefully they are not that stupid. Their strategy should be just concede this loss but aim for taking the Presidency and Congress.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:31 PM

15,838 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Trump has been the nastiest, most immoral President I've seen in my lifetime. A tough response is well deserved. If anything, the opposition has been pretty weak. I haven't been impressed by the Democratic maneuvers; Republicans are much better at gaming the system.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:32 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think this is a lost cause for Dems. But it will be a huge reminder moving forward that holding your principals, staying home because you are above it, or 'waiting for the revolution' (TM Susan Sarandon) leaves you with no clout. Protesters do not vote on these matters, bloggers do not have a say, and talking heads do not make policy. You need Senators, existing members of the Judiciary, and most of all the Presidency to accomplish anything. Basically all the folks who stayed home in 2010 & 2014 and then were too pure to vote in 2016 gave Trump 3 court seats. And anyone who thought the Lindsay Grahams, Susan Collinses, and Ted Cruzes would pass on the chance are pure idiots.

If you encounter any white women crying crocodile tears of abortion rights or 'fairness,' send them my way and I'll chart out a Venn diagram to explain how government and power overlap.

The big question is after this person is seated, ACA is declared unconstitutional, and abortion/gay rights are restricted, will Dems do one of the following- focus on appealing to people who actually vote, actually voting, or organizing as a party? Might happen, might not.
I'm a woman, and am pro-choice. I didn't stay home, but I wasn't about to vote for either Hillary or Trump. There were plenty on both sides of the aisle (or all three sides, if you include the Libertarian candidate) who weren't happy with the choices.

In any case, Democrats' behaviour over the last few years has pushed me into voting for Trump. It's been unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies