Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 11:54 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We've needed N95s since the pandemic began. The Trump administration lied about that because they bungled the production of masks. To this day, they are hard to find even for our health care workers. The richest and largest manufacturing nation in history can't provide something as basic as adequate facial coverings. That is why they took down the science and are lying once again. The CDC has no credibility any more. It is nothing but a propaganda tool of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...top-table-main
Because our politicians and CEO's sold us out to China many years ago. Has nothing to do with Trump. This was decades in the making. Now it's time to undue much of our relationship with China but the democrats are not going to do it. Trump will but not sure how many republicans would be onboard either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 11:55 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
exactly, so it begs the question, what exactly is the endgame when it comes to COvid?
I dont know the end game. Eventually many virus lose their effectiveness. Just read a story about the common cold wiping out entire islands in Indonesia about 100 years ago.

Its a giant Gordian knot inside another political Gordian knot fed by lies on both sides. At my 2nd job we had a militant anti mask guy come in and raise hell.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:59 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
“Cloth masks are not designed to block aerosols."
Told you.

Since March.

I don't need apologies for the endless attacks when I posted that, over and over again. I'll just bask in the glory of knowing that I told you, and you were wrong.

Now that you know the stupid masks do nothing for you, (as I repeatedly said), will you start getting the hell back from people? You don't need to be up in their space. Even if you get an N95 mask, stay the hell out of my space.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:13 PM

1,710 posts, read 806,708 times
How are we going to produce 2 billion N95 masks a week?

300,000,000 x 7

Old 09-21-2020, 12:25 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,178 times
Quote:
exactly, so it begs the question, what exactly is the endgame when it comes to COvid?
asking the same question on different threads hundreds of time can be considered spamming the message board

Old 09-21-2020, 12:30 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rce=reddit.com

So basically priming us now for even more restrictions. Now they are saying we need different types of masks (so the cloth ones that have your favorite football team or college on the front that most people are wearing probably don't fly) and we have to keep "ten feet apart" or whatever. Full face shields or even full body suits probably won't be out of the question eventually
It's getting ridiculous. If the masks were any more tight fitting you couldn't breath at all. I refuse to comply after the first of the year. I'm done with this crap!

Old 09-21-2020, 12:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Nobody ever said it would prevent the spread -- it would mitigate.

Seat belts don't stop everyone from dying in a car crash. It prevents some folks from dying.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:53 PM

490 posts, read 152,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Incorrect.

N95 masks have tested efficacy for a standard workday 8 hours MINIMUM.

Let's also be specific. Triple layer cloth masks as well as surgical masks when used properly can filter out a minimum of 65% aerosols for the triple layer cloth and 75%+ for the surgical mask.

The goal is to reduce inoculum or initial viral load sufficiently to give the immune system time to mount a BALANCED response and not overreact with ARDS and/or Cytokine storm.

Wearing a mask DOES PROTECT you from the most severe COVID outcomes as a result.
Ignoring the cloth masks which we know do not work...the majority of people are wearing the surgical K95 mask (or so they are labelled, not the respirator masks you seem to be referring to. Of which the CDC discourages its use by the public, so they are available to medical proffesionals.) do not work either.

Here is what the FDA says about them:

"If worn properly, a surgical mask is meant to help block large-particle droplets, splashes, sprays, or splatter that may contain germs (viruses and bacteria), keeping it from reaching your mouth and nose. Surgical masks may also help reduce exposure of your saliva and respiratory secretions to others.

While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the mask and your face.

Surgical masks are not intended to be used more than once."

Old 09-21-2020, 01:59 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's getting ridiculous. If the masks were any more tight fitting you couldn't breath at all. I refuse to comply after the first of the year. I'm done with this crap!

Oh noes this is soooooo horrible for you. 2 million American deaths is so much easier then wearing a mask! Its a fortunate thing that it looks like a vaccine because it appears our own stupidity and failed leadership would eventually let this spread to everyone.

The level of self entitlement and lack of concern for the general welfare of others amazes me.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rce=reddit.com

So basically priming us now for even more restrictions. Now they are saying we need different types of masks (so the cloth ones that have your favorite football team or college on the front that most people are wearing probably don't fly) and we have to keep "ten feet apart" or whatever. Full face shields or even full body suits probably won't be out of the question eventually
Your CDC is struggling.

Why do you fund it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies