Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 07:19 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Two things:

1. It's in the middle east
2. It's a democracy
So what?

What is so great about an apartheid state that we need to bleed ourselves and have our politicians pledge allegiance to the country.

They are rich and powerful, don't fool yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 07:28 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
What other country in the region has a democratically elected form of government?

Old 09-21-2020, 08:13 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Two things:

1. It's in the middle east
2. It's a democracy
How come we support a Democracy for Israel when any mention of the US as a democracy brings foaming at mouth like it is a dirty word, "Its a Republic" from others?

Old 09-21-2020, 08:27 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times
What is America's obsession with Israel?

Name another Democracy in the region. Israel is alone.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
When you're born and raised in a country, you become familiar with the language and style people use to interact with one another.

Certain boundaries are set, and politically you understand the national mindset (even if you don't agree).

This goes a long way in creating a comfort zone that foriegn expats have a difficult time adjusting to.

I was born and raised in this country and I have become accustomed to how people talk and the political language our leaders use.

Ex: In America using the term 'love' in a romantic relationship is a serious commitment. In Iran on the other hand people causally throw the word around on a first date like it means nothing.

Politically speaking American politicians will use terms like shared values and security interests to describe foriegn allies.

It can be deciphered easily as to whether or not they mean to threaten another country or calculate our interests in a certain area.

I have become numb to what they're saying because the word play and subtext becomes obvious to anyone who lives in this country.

However one subject that makes me feel like a complete foreigner is Israel. Our leadership and populace will commit limitless support for this country regardless of our own self-interests.

Politicians will use extreme terms to describe this relationship like 'we will never abandon Israel no matter the cost'.

Just the other day I saw Nancy Pelosi say that Israel is none negotiable.

When they send spies against our country or covert ops against us we do nothing. If it were Russia they'd be pummeled with sanctions.

We support all their military objectives despite them having their own advanced military units.

And conservatives are even worse. Mark Levin talks about Israel with religious revere.

Christians in this country go to church and endlessly praise Israel and the Jewish population.

Normal average Americans will break the normal moderation in political speech to say they would spill blood for Israel.

This disturbs me because of the cultural norm of the country. In a place like Turkey where people are prone to exaggerate I wouldn't blink an eye. But in this country where people are very politically subdued and private using such intense language out of nowhere disturbs me.

And America is a complete anomaly. Nowhere else in the western world is such total worship of Israel present.

Talking about Israel like its the land of the chosen people does not fit with the secular nature of this country. And yet it is common place for some reason.

It makes me sick because I don't understand it and I feel completely lost in my own country.

In Public school my (white Christian teachers) would reverse the typical stoic language when discussing the Holocaust to say that it is our duty to make sure this never happens again and to always protect the Jewish people.

What?

Why is such extreme language not used for other ethnicities that have faced genocide in the past?

What is so special about Israel?
Simple. America has the highest number of jews for a non jewish majority country. Sovereignty wise i see it as different countries but its more like the 51st state. I have seen even microsoft and goodle buying companues like waze and another iot security company etc whose personnel were from idf. That may not happen with other countries though. See how zuckerberg and that snap kid are whining about tik tok and wechat etc.

Also us and usrael both recognize dual citizenships so its even easier to love and live in both countrues at once

Last edited by shanv3; 09-21-2020 at 10:04 PM..

Old 09-21-2020, 10:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
When you're born and raised in a country, you become familiar with the language and style people use to interact with one another.

Certain boundaries are set, and politically you understand the national mindset (even if you don't agree).

This goes a long way in creating a comfort zone that foriegn expats have a difficult time adjusting to.

I was born and raised in this country and I have become accustomed to how people talk and the political language our leaders use.

Ex: In America using the term 'love' in a romantic relationship is a serious commitment. In Iran on the other hand people causally throw the word around on a first date like it means nothing.

Politically speaking American politicians will use terms like shared values and security interests to describe foriegn allies.

It can be deciphered easily as to whether or not they mean to threaten another country or calculate our interests in a certain area.

I have become numb to what they're saying because the word play and subtext becomes obvious to anyone who lives in this country.

However one subject that makes me feel like a complete foreigner is Israel. Our leadership and populace will commit limitless support for this country regardless of our own self-interests.

Politicians will use extreme terms to describe this relationship like 'we will never abandon Israel no matter the cost'.

Just the other day I saw Nancy Pelosi say that Israel is none negotiable.

When they send spies against our country or covert ops against us we do nothing. If it were Russia they'd be pummeled with sanctions.

We support all their military objectives despite them having their own advanced military units.

And conservatives are even worse. Mark Levin talks about Israel with religious revere.

Christians in this country go to church and endlessly praise Israel and the Jewish population.

Normal average Americans will break the normal moderation in political speech to say they would spill blood for Israel.

This disturbs me because of the cultural norm of the country. In a place like Turkey where people are prone to exaggerate I wouldn't blink an eye. But in this country where people are very politically subdued and private using such intense language out of nowhere disturbs me.

And America is a complete anomaly. Nowhere else in the western world is such total worship of Israel present.

Talking about Israel like its the land of the chosen people does not fit with the secular nature of this country. And yet it is common place for some reason.

It makes me sick because I don't understand it and I feel completely lost in my own country.

In Public school my (white Christian teachers) would reverse the typical stoic language when discussing the Holocaust to say that it is our duty to make sure this never happens again and to always protect the Jewish people.

What?

Why is such extreme language not used for other ethnicities that have faced genocide in the past?

What is so special about Israel?
I don’t opine that it’s an obsession; as Jimmy Carter said,

(As an American president), you cannot survive in the White House if you don’t support Israel.

Many who get a shallow refuge under the shelter of, “Oh, we support Israel because it’s the only democracy in the Middle East”, conveniently forget that Hamas came into power thru a democratic process as well.

And IMO, some facets in the ultra evangelical Christianity have been also made to believe that the bloodshed of innocent people in Palestine, including women and children, is the “sign of Jesus coming”.
So Israel’s war atrocities and genocide are not only ever condemned but they are sugar quoted as “self Defence”.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 09-21-2020 at 10:47 PM..

Old 09-21-2020, 11:02 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Its very simple, the Arabs are taught in school to kill Jews, Christians and Americans (Just like their Qua'ran teaches them)

What has the Arab world provided to the world in terms of advancement of the modern era? I cannot even think of one thing.

Israel, is one of the advanced countries in the world and could bring out the Covid vaccine.
This probably has to be the most idiotic post in the entire thread.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:22 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
What is America's obsession with Israel?

Name another Democracy in the region. Israel is alone.
Let's leave fairy tales about "democracy" blah-blah to kids.

I would say there are 3 main reasons (in the order of importance):

1. Strong lobby of wealthy Jews in the US govt.
2. Strong religious lobby.
3. Very convenient point of pressure and control in the region. Plus a good way to hide a lot of corrupt transactions. Plus another military complex bounties and kickbacks.

Basically, a win-win-win for establishment, and who cares about stupid taxpayers. In the worst case, just crank up propaganda gears and tax more while feeding "democracy" BS.

Old 09-21-2020, 11:23 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
because its part of the ww2 agreement

Old 09-21-2020, 11:59 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Omar and Tlaib have always resisted the extortion. [LOL]
Actually, Islam is at war with America, and all Muslims should have been prosecuted, pursuant to the SMITH ACT.
"The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.

Islam is incompatible with any government that secures endowed rights to life, to liberty, and to absolute ownership of private property of all men. Islam is incompatible with sovereignty, freedom, and independence. Islam is anathema to the republican form of government, and the declared enemy of all who do not submit to Islamic law.

Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments, saith Mohammed.
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=83756
= = =
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
= = =
Muslim Blooper Reel - - in their own words
(NOTE the hatred of ISRAEL and JEWS)
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1595566290712724

Of course, the Jews had the chutzpah to denounce the plagiarizing rapist pedophile necrophile warlord for what he was.

That is a good reason to be friends with Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies