Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 05:15 PM

10,464 posts, read 6,982,705 times

Advertisements

Its very simple, the Arabs are taught in school to kill Jews, Christians and Americans (Just like their Qua'ran teaches them)

What has the Arab world provided to the world in terms of advancement of the modern era? I cannot even think of one thing.

Israel, is one of the advanced countries in the world and could bring out the Covid vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 05:16 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Also, add to that, Jews have been a part of the America since it's founding. Before that even. A wealthy Jew named Haym Solomon spent his entire fortune funding his friend, George Washington in the war effort against England. Prior to that, he was an American revolutionary that was captured as a colonial spy, and escaped the British twice. We may have lost the war had it not been for his sacrifice. Even going back further, there is more than a bit of evidence that Christopher Columbus was Jewish. My ancestors came here in the 1840s. And even growing up here in the 1970s and 1980s, Jews have always been visible while there were very few Muslims, Chinese, Indians and other ethnicities. So is it any wonder America has close ties to Israel, in the way we have close ties to Western Europe?

Wow, I never knew that.

Isn't that super hypocritical though? I mean, to be so against the enslavement of their own people, but to be so involved & active in the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade?

Is this why Jews and Blacks seem to hate each other so much?

Old 09-21-2020, 05:24 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF morals are really so important, HOW can we continue to support a country like Saudi Arabia that will murder/dismember a journalist over O-P-I-N-I-O-N?

Old 09-21-2020, 05:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Is it really that unusual? Most of us have attended Hebrew School, which is really something the majority of us use just to make it through our bar/bat mitzvah, and then we stop going. Many also become religious adults, but a lot of us, as adults, just go to synagogue on the holidays, like christians who only go to church on Christmas and Easter.

But, something that never leaves you, while you are at Hebrew school, you don't just learn Hebrew. You also learn about assaults against the Jewish population throughout history, from the slaves in Egypt all the way through the Holocaust. You go through it again year after year. You also learn a lot about Israel and it's importance.

Imagine if Jews had a powerful army in the 1930s/1940s. One that would have immediately come to the aid of the Jews, rather than waiting while they were being slaughtered. How would that have changed the outcome of the Holocaust? Imagine if the Jews had their own country, that would have accepted all of them and not sent them back to Germany to be Slaughtered. How would that have changed the outcome of the Holocaust? These are the things we are taught from a young age.

So with that in mind, are American Jewish ties to Israel really so "unusual"?
Compared to the rest of us, I'd say yes.

I grew up having to learn Latin prayers because mass was said in Latin. I had religious training five days a week all through grade school and high school. I had to go to mass at least once a week, several times during Holy Week and during the Advent season. I was baptized, made my communion, was confirmed and married in the Catholic church. I learned about the persecution of Christians throughout history. My children were baptized, made Communion and their Confirmation, attended mass and went to Catholic grade school. I'm also Italian.

Do you think I feel ties to Rome and Italy because of all of this? I don't. That's where we really ARE different and why I don't quite get it.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:30 PM

464 posts, read 202,538 times
Because Hitler nearly exterminated ALL of them! They SHOULD to be protected. Why do progressives hate Israel so much when they, along with black people, have been persecuted so badly. I thought dems were ALL about justice and equality...go figure.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:31 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Wow, I never knew that.

Isn't that super hypocritical though? I mean, to be so against the enslavement of their own people, but to be so involved & active in the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade?

1) Jews were not heavily involved in the slave trade at all. That’s often a lie put forth by antisemites as they search for examples of Jews who were. There were some, but Jews’ involvement overall was insignificant. (See link below.)

2) As far as Jews and blacks hating each other, well....Jews were at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement, willing to sacrifice their lives to help advance blacks’ rights. It seems recent that there is so much hostility from blacks against Jews, such as we see from Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam loyalists, but that would have to be a topic for another time.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/a...e-black-muslim

Old 09-21-2020, 05:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Oh wait.l...you’re telling me that the OP is a Muslim from Iran? Then why am I wasting my energy arguing with him? (Thanks for feeling me in.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/53159110-post5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Your links lead to memes, if that is the extent of your argument then we have nothing to talk about.

Now have you read about Cuba’s political system and not just pathos persuasion used by the upper class who use to live there.

I know how Americans operate, they take a few dissenters from a country they don’t like and use them as proof that said country is bad and we are good.

My country of Iran is similar, you’ll see many exiled Iranians who were rich under the shah and come here to tell Americans to bomb Iran.

Of course none of this has to do with the people who actually live in the country. If you gave a **** about Cubans then you’d go there and see why they don’t like US sanctions and don’t think isolation helps their country instead of listening to these horror stories that make you feel better about your country’s imperialist agenda.

When was the last time you heard of dissenters from Honduras? Oh wait, our government likes the dictatorship there so you don’t care.
I've never heard of someone confused like this.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Compared to the rest of us, I'd say yes.

I grew up having to learn Latin prayers because mass was said in Latin. I had religious training five days a week all through grade school and high school. I had to go to mass at least once a week, several times during Holy Week and during the Advent season. I was baptized, made my communion, was confirmed and married in the Catholic church. I learned about the persecution of Christians throughout history. My children were baptized, made Communion and their Confirmation, attended mass and went to Catholic grade school. I'm also Italian.

Do you think I feel ties to Rome and Italy because of all of this? I don't. That's where we really ARE different and why I don't quite get it.
Might have something to do with the fact that half your parents’ families weren’t murdered for being Catholic. My parents each lost grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:39 PM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Wow, I never knew that.

There is plenty of research on it if you google it.

How is it hypocritical? By percentages, they were no more active in the slave trade than any other population of the time. I dont believe in this newfound judging of historical figures with todays sensibilities. I dont blame Egyptians for the slavery of Jews any more than I blame your primate ancestor for stealing my primate ancestor's banana. Evolution was a long hard journey with a lot of really bad bumps along the way.

As to the animosity between Jews and Blacks, I dont really know. These two communities were allies during the civil rights movements of the 60's. I dont know what led to the fallout. Part of it is the rise of the Nation of Islam, but that isn't all of it. For what its worth, I dont see animosity toward the black community within my own little microcosm. My grandparent's generation is another story.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/53159110-post5.html

I've never heard of someone confused like this.
Again, thanks for cluing me in to that poster. Explains the hostility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies