Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 06:54 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Colby hasn't finished a fight since 2016 and never against a ranked fighter. He is a point fighter. There are plenty of other cardio pace pushers that are interesting to watch and put away ranked fighters, like Cain Velasquez, the Diaz brothers, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Max Holloway, RDA.
He finished one Saturday, broke Woodley's rib. Diaz brothers are a blast to watch, I can't wait for Khabib vs. Gaethje. Ali Abdelaziz represents the best in the game right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 06:55 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Cowards!

YOU need to personally go beat up lebron's bodyguards and then Lebron!!!! Or you won't have dd's respect!!!

Old 09-21-2020, 06:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I'm not sure MMA participants qualify as athletes.

Other than that, whatever.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:01 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Colby hasn't finished a fight since 2016 and never against a ranked fighter. He is a point fighter. There are plenty of other cardio pace pushers that are interesting to watch and put away ranked fighters, like Cain Velasquez, the Diaz brothers, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Max Holloway, RDA.
That's in the world of MMA fighter vs MMA fighter. If you're in the UFC you're a special level of elite fighter and you know every angle of the game. The things you "suck at" in the UFC, you're probably actually pretty good at.

At one point, the man who holds the record for the most World's Strongest Man titles, Mariusz Pudzianowski but Super-Mario for those who didn't want to try to pronounce that -- decided to try out MMA. He trained diligently. He fought couple of nobodies and won, but he needed a big name to make his MMA career look legit. Completely washed up former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia stepped up and agreed to fight him. If you know anything at all about Sylvia, you know that the man absolutely sucked on the ground.

Tim Sylvia beat Mariusz by bulldogging him, grounding him and punching him out for the win -- against a man vastly stronger than him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw

Size and strength sure ain't everything.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:14 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
That's in the world of MMA fighter vs MMA fighter. If you're in the UFC you're a special level of elite fighter and you know every angle of the game. The things you "suck at" in the UFC, you're probably actually pretty good at.

At one point, the man who holds the record for the most World's Strongest Man titles, Mariusz Pudzianowski but Super-Mario for those who didn't want to try to pronounce that -- decided to try out MMA. He trained diligently. He fought couple of nobodies and won, but he needed a big name to make his MMA career look legit. Completely washed up former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia stepped up and agreed to fight him. If you know anything at all about Sylvia, you know that the man absolutely sucked on the ground.

Tim Sylvia beat Mariusz by bulldogging him, grounding him and punching him out for the win -- against a man vastly stronger than him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw

Size and strength sure ain't everything.

I don't know what you think I'm arguing. But I was at the Pudzilla vs Sylvia fight - big man gassed hard, not enough oxygen to his ginormous muscles.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Did you see the one against Don Fry?
I do love Don Frye. The man was a pioneer. I consider him the UFC's first complete MMA fighter. But he never fought Fedor nor Hong Man Choi, so I don't know which fight you're talking about.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I don't know what you think I'm arguing. But I was at the Pudzilla vs Sylvia fight - big man gassed hard, not enough oxygen to his ginormous muscles.
The point was simple enough: A UFC vet who kinda sucks at one aspect of fighting is vastly better at than a relative novice at that very aspect of fighting. Tim Sylvia stuffing takedowns and tossing a big strong guy to the ground? Who woulda thunk it?

Old 09-21-2020, 07:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The point was simple enough: A UFC vet who kinda sucks at one aspect of fighting is vastly better at than a relative novice at that very aspect of fighting. Tim Sylvia stuffing takedowns and tossing a big strong guy to the ground? Who woulda thunk it?
Sylvia was one of the original sprawl and brawlers. Still not clear why you're dragging me into a pro vs joe conversation that I was never a part of.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Great for him!

And of course LBJ couldn't wait to respond (but no response about matching the reward for the sherriff's shooter)
Why should Lebron have to respond to him when the police never help out the families of the people they kill?

I have never seen a single police fundraiser for one of those people who was shot in the heat of the moment, but weren't guilty of what ever crime they were accused of.

Old 09-21-2020, 07:29 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Yeah, James would be beaten badly in a fight against Colby, likewise Colby would get smoked in a one on one basketball game against Lebron. No surprise here.
Nope, no surprise at all.

Except to DD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies