Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Appointing a 3rd Justice Affect Either Candidate's Chances of Winning?
Yes, it will increase Biden's chances of winning. 3 16.67%
Yes, it will increase Trump's chances of winning. 12 66.67%
No, it won't affect either candidates' chances of winning. 3 16.67%
Other. 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 07:32 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times

Advertisements

Do you think appointing the third justice will affect Trump's or Biden's chances of winning? If so, in what way? I suspect it will increase Republican turnout. They will be more united behind Trump. The Democratic party is already splintered, this loss is demoralizing, and the Biden campaign has been pretty weak to begin with. However, shortly after the death of Justice Ginsburg, there was a tremendous outpouring of donations to Democratic candidates, so maybe this will motivate Democratic voter turnout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
It will increase Republican Votes.

The Democrats are on the middle of an epic Total Meltdown Tantrum, they can’t help themselves. All these THREATS of what they will do when/not if they win, in 2020 are NOT going to go over well with Normal People. As usual, Leftists never consider - “What if I’m Wrong? The push Polling told them in 2016, Hillary had it in the bag. Telling them the same thing in 2020. They are their own worst enemies.

Packing Courts, adding States, Chaos in the Streets, Open Borders, Unionized everything, Defund/Abolish Police, Mask Mandates, Shut Downs, Raise Taxes, end Senate Filibuster, end Electoral College, “Burn it all Down”.... the list grows daily on the Assault on the Constitution and our Freedoms.

We will see these Leftists in full display as they attack the Supreme Court Nominee with Kamala Harris leading the Rabid Radical Dogs. It will be Epic and make the Kavanaugh hearings look like a cake walk.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:10 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
It's hard to say. Democrats will be up in arms about it, but they'll likely be deflated a bit after losing the battle when a new justice is confirmed before the election.

I still think the debates will have a larger effect.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Biden wasn't seen as a viable candidate before, now that he has dementia he's the darling of the Democrats. What a mistake they have made again.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:13 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
i have thought heavily about this. I think the elevation of a conservative judge to fill the RGB seat, will deflate democrats that are looking to defeat Trump to get liberal judges.

I think the notion that liberals would stack the court may move some republicans who don't like Trump and would not vote otherwise, to vote trump to defend the court.

i don't see a path for the left here that doesn't inflame the right.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:17 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
What difference does it really make for either candidate?

No matter what Trump does his supporters will be behind him and the Democrats will complain.

Personally I think it would be great if Trump could get another judge on the court because with what the Dems are scheming for our future I don't think we will ever see another Republican in higher office to be able to nominate again.

The SCJ is important but I don't think it will sway anyone's vote one way or another because to each side there are far more pressing and stressing issues on the table.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
Biden’s going to win either way, so...

Old 09-23-2020, 08:20 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,694 times
Yes because Trump plans to use the court to give him the election, regardless of the actual vote.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:36 AM

464 posts, read 202,848 times
Listen up Republicans...you better make damn sure you get your @sses to the polls this November (or vote early). McConnell is working his butt off to try to fill these seats and sure up support in the Senate.

Trump, McConnell and EVERY Republican senator *need* to be rewarded for making this a 6-3 court. Plus if we lose dems will expand SCOTUS, and try to eliminate the Electoral College. We must not lose!

Old 09-23-2020, 08:39 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i have thought heavily about this. I think the elevation of a conservative judge to fill the RGB seat, will deflate democrats that are looking to defeat Trump to get liberal judges.

I think the notion that liberals would stack the court may move some republicans who don't like Trump and would not vote otherwise, to vote trump to defend the court.

i don't see a path for the left here that doesn't inflame the right.
I'm extremely liberal (thus furious that Biden won the nomination) and even I see stacking the court as an asinine move. What exactly would it accomplish? The GOP will just stack it again the next go round. Then what would we have? 50 judges? 100 judges? 1000 judges? When will it end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies