Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 01:25 PM

5,068 posts, read 1,645,686 times

Advertisements

Mitt trying to stay in the news is probably amusing to each side
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 01:27 PM

31,343 posts, read 14,067,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ee/5863947002/

It's officially a wrap as far as I'm concerned. Watch the left return to their days of hurling insults at Mittens
Exactly what I was thinking. Back to 2012 when Mitt was an evil capitalist.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:31 PM

12,682 posts, read 6,678,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No -- you are wrong.

That is what you feel.

Someone who is pro-choice is not going to vote for a more conservative govt. because they don't like how some idiots burn a building in protest.
It behooves the Democrats to restrain the tantrum because if they rush back out into the streets, murdering, raping, pillaging, burning and smashing everything, that absolutely will hand the election to the Republicans. At this point, one could reasonably conclude that the Left will always throw massive tantrum every single time they don't get their way. It's not a good look.

Tim Pool is pro-choice and swore he'd never vote for Trump. The riots pushed him onto the Trump train. I'm pro-life but I swore I'd never vote for Trump. The riots were just a small part of all of the things that changed my mind on the matter. I'll hold my nose and vote for the bad orange man. Very few people are willing to remain single issue voters over abortion when their personal safety is at stake. If somebody might come to their house and threaten their family, while the police refuse to lift a finger to stop them, and with the knowledge that if you try to defend yourself, you will be prosecuted -- that'll make a staunch pro-choicer a Trump voter quick as you can blink. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

The pro-life vs pro-choice debate continues to be about 50/50, so it's not a winning issue for either side. Gallup's most recent poll on it here. The surprising thing to me is that Men are slightly more pro-choice at 48% and less pro-life at 46%. Women are actually pretty strongly pro-life at 51% vs pro-choice at 43%.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:32 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,872,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
That's good news.

Collins (ME) and Murkowski (AK) may be the lone holdouts on the Republican side.

If that's the case, the nominee will be confirmed with 51 votes if only all Republicans give a YES vote.

Mancin (WV) is a toss up, if he joins the Republicans with a YES.
Collins and Murkowski are weird, to say the least.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:33 PM

16,877 posts, read 14,221,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Back to 2012 when Mitt was an evil capitalist.
I'm still stuck on Mitt driving for hours with his dog on top of his car.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:34 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
Romney is not a gop

Old 09-22-2020, 01:37 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 26 days ago)

18,738 posts, read 6,816,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
What was his position on Garland in 2016?
The precedent for 2016 was to NOT confirm a justice. Historically, in 8/10 of the previous times a president and senate were of opposite parties, the justice was not confirmed.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:41 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,872,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No -- you are wrong.

That is what you feel.

Someone who is pro-choice is not going to vote for a more conservative govt. because they don't like how some idiots burn a building in protest.
Not all, but many women use abortion as their method of birth control. The description, during the RNC, of the doctor saying "Beam me up, Scotty," as he sucked out the late-term fetus from its mother's womb still sticks in my mind and brought me to tears. All of us who read this, and vote, should thank God that we weren't aborted by our Moms. God Bless America! Trump/AMERICA 2020

Old 09-22-2020, 01:53 PM

622 posts, read 406,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No surprise here. Romney is easily persuaded to do wrong.
Romney was praised endlessly by the Democrats when he voted to convict Trump on one of the impeachment charges.

Now he is being vilified!

Old 09-22-2020, 01:55 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,370,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Romney was praised endlessly by the Democrats when he voted to convict Trump on one of the impeachment charges.

Now he is being vilified!
HAW, they are hypocrites of the highest order.

Romney Agrees To Back Trump On Supreme Court Pick; McConnell Now Has Votes To Replace RBG

And the ***** of it is, it's being delivered on a silver platter from one of the most partisan and biased judges to sit on the court in recent history. She's given Trump the greatest gift ever. A chance to completely change the narrative yet again. Covid? BLM? Impeachment? hahaha. What.

Just like I predicted back and January that Kamila would be picked as the VP for Biden, I was right again. Democrats lost their right to complain when they foolishly impeached Trump. Payback is hell. And a lot of it is coming their way.

With her pompous arrogance, she's delivered exactly that which she didn't want to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies