Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 01:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

The topics for the first debate between Joe Biden and President Trump (if it happens) have been announced.
Topics announced for first debate between Trump and Biden

The Commission on Presidential Debates revealed the topics for the first presidential debate between President Trump and Joe Biden on Tuesday. The six topics, chosen by debate moderator Chris Wallace, are:
  • The Trump and Biden records.
  • The Supreme Court.
  • COVID-19.
  • The economy.
  • Race and violence in our cities.
  • The integrity of the election.
The topics are subject to possible changes due to developing news and will not necessarily be brought up in the above order.
That looks like a pretty good list to me. What could be better? I am especially pleased that it includes questions about the 'Integrity of our election,' which the Democrats are undermining severely with their hasty reliance on mail-in voting, and also 'Race and violence in our cities'.

I wonder what the Democrats will think about this list? Assuming that the debate does actually happen, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 01:10 PM

107 posts, read 46,151 times
These are really good topics. Thank you to Chris Wallace and Fox for being fair and in tune with the things that everyday Americans want to hear about.

I am dreading seeing the list of clown topics that the non-Fox debates will include. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if the only topic of those debates is orange man bad.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:29 PM

Guess what phrases and words they will use during the debate. You can play and win!

Quote:
Trump-Biden debate viewers can win cash by predicting occurrences, phrases

Will President Trump use the nickname “Sleepy Joe” during next week’s presidential debate? Will 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden say the word “malarkey” more than he mentions former President Barack Obama?

FOX Bet Super 6, a free-to-play app that typically focuses on sporting events, will allow users to win prizes by making accurate predictions about the first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Biden on Tuesday, Sept. 29 in Cleveland. FOX Bet Super 6 has given away more than $1.4 million dollars since it launched in September 2019, primarily to winners of its weekly NFL contest.

But users will now be able to predict things such as whether Trump and Biden will shake hands, if either candidate wears a mask and what nickname the president will call his opponent.
Apparently there is an "App" for that.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:33 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Before the first question of each debate they should give the candidates 5 words each to remember. At the end of the debate they get blindfolded and try to recall the words.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-22-2020, 01:46 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The topics for the first debate between Joe Biden and President Trump (if it happens) have been announced.
Topics announced for first debate between Trump and Biden

The Commission on Presidential Debates revealed the topics for the first presidential debate between President Trump and Joe Biden on Tuesday. The six topics, chosen by debate moderator Chris Wallace, are:
  • The Trump and Biden records.
  • The Supreme Court.
  • COVID-19.
  • The economy.
  • Race and violence in our cities.
  • The integrity of the election.
The topics are subject to possible changes due to developing news and will not necessarily be brought up in the above order.
That looks like a pretty good list to me. What could be better? I am especially pleased that it includes questions about the 'Integrity of our election,' which the Democrats are undermining severely with their hasty reliance on mail-in voting, and also 'Race and violence in our cities'.

I wonder what the Democrats will think about this list? Assuming that the debate does actually happen, of course.
Biden won't remember what his positions were last week, let alone 6 months or 6 years ago.

1. He was OPPOSED to early travel bans over corona. He said it was "hysterical". Now he criticizes Trump for not acting fast enough!

2. Supreme Court- Biden said in the past he would be opposed to stacking the court. Now he says he is unsure!

3. Biden HAS YET to name BLM or ANTIFA in the riots. Only in the last two weeks has he even condemned the riots. At the DNC- dead silence on that issue.

4. Biden and integrity? Democrats wrote the book on cheating in elections. They are trying to do it again by extending the voting date, which is illegal and will lead to Supreme Court challenges if Biden wins.

Biden has been purchased by our worst enemy- China. Now how does that sit with being the POTUS? He doesn't think China is a threat!

Old 09-22-2020, 02:46 PM

3,417 posts, read 7,785,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Guess what phrases and words they will use during the debate. You can play and win!

Apparently there is an "App" for that.
What a time to be alive.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:50 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
If they actually have an in person debate, I'm definitely going to be watching it! What are the odds while Biden is talking, he walks over to President Trump's podium and put his hand on his shoulder?

Old 09-22-2020, 02:53 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Where is foreign policy and immigration? I think the list is weak with out those 2 subjects and gives advantage to Biden. I suspect trade policy might come up when they are debating the economy.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Where is foreign policy and immigration? I think the list is weak with out those 2 subjects and gives advantage to Biden. I suspect trade policy might come up when they are debating the economy.
Biden and the Democrats are not going to be pleased to see the 'Race and violence in our cities' topic included. The Democrat left propaganda insists that there has been no rioting, looting, arson, rape, vandalism and mayhem being instigated by these Democrat supported Marxist groups in quite a few large cities. Apparently Chris Wallace is going to make them discuss it and recognize these riots for what they are.

The Democrats will not like that. No, they certainly will not.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:18 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I think Trump will win the debates, just based on the economy and race and violence issues alone.

I think that the No. 1 concern of MOST people is security -- to feel confident that they will continue to be able to survive, and to continue to believe that they will continue to be able to support themselves and their loved ones and to feel safe in their own homes. And I also believe that most people do not want the extremists of either party to take over, that they like the U.S. pretty much as it is now, even though most people (including myself) do admit that it is very far from perfect.

I think that many of the goals of the "Progressives" appeal only to 30% of the voters, at most; and I think that most moderates will go for Trump rather than risk having Harris as POTUS. I think that those who are not already aware of Biden's mental problems will get a serious wake-up call if they see and/or hear the debate.

And, yes, I readily admit that Trump is not very intelligent (imo) and has made many very serious gaffes, but he is very energetic and still seems mostly "with it", and I don't think the same can be said of Biden. I don't think that there is any doubt that Harris has a higher I.Q. than Trump or Biden (now) but I think that more people and more moderates would rather continue to put up with and roll their eyes at Trump instead of have either a senile old man (or a radical that seems to despise the majority of white voters) as POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies