Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 06:48 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly, everything was much better under Obama. I never voted for him, but I look back longingly.
Yup, all the new wars, and new conflicts, and ISIS terror attacks in the US, and all their decapitations, etc...

Old 09-22-2020, 06:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
That’s fine, but if you are a victim of a vagrant on heroin, a violent illegal alien, a criminal out on early parole, or a BLM terrorist one day, I hope you don’t blame anyone but yourself.

Elections have consequences.
If any of that happens today or tomorrow, it’s Trump’s fault, by your logic, right?

Old 09-22-2020, 07:19 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
To each their own.

To me, I am not electing a boy scout but someone with the cahoots to protect US interests. I'd rather have a jerk.......than another Jimmy Carter.
Hmm. That's one huge reason I'm not voting for trump. I don't think he has done a good job protecting our interests. If we had another world war, I doubt we'd have any allies other than perhaps Israel.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:21 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Biden doesn't inspire me. I'm voting for character and civility.
So my question for you is this, what on his stances, do you support? Also are you ok with truly voting for Kamala Harris (who suspended her campaign in Dec 2019 due to finances and she also didn't appeal to many)? Lets be honest, if Biden wins the election, how long do you give him before he steps down or is removed from the presidency because his mind is leaving him hanging so much?

My questions are genuine. I'm just trying to understand.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:23 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Hmm. That's one huge reason I'm not voting for trump. I don't think he has done a good job protecting our interests. If we had another world war, I doubt we'd have any allies other than perhaps Israel.
Well, remember the immortal words of Reagan about an exchange with the USSR. "This is great! It is now possible to fight a war with the USSR without MAD.........................too bad about Europe.".

Okay, he didn't say that but at the time, that was the general feeling. Just like how West Germany was not too crazy about a war in Europe between the US and the USSR.......because they would be the battle ground.

So odds are, if we are talking about WW III, we won't have to worry about allies, either because of MAD or no one wants to be the battle ground for that slugging match.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:26 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Aw he's sceered. Sounds like an aging guy that has been brow beaten and lost his mojo. Sad.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:35 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Aw he's sceered. Sounds like an aging guy that has been brow beaten and lost his mojo. Sad.
Well, he a Bernie Bro pretending to be a Republican, that primaried an incumbent Republican and lost badly - he's pissed at the world!

Old 09-22-2020, 07:39 PM

431 posts, read 257,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I am an anarchist and crack up at all the partisans thinking one (Biden) or the other (Trump) will make any difference anywhere OTHER THAN the tone of the cultural rhetoric coming from the majority of the media.

Lobbyists will still own every last one of the 535 people in the House and Senate. The faceless thugocracy of 1 million+ federal bureaucrats will remain almost entirely unchanged in either staffing or mission, and state/local governments will still be 99% more impactful on your daily life than the federal government.

But go on, keep power drinking that partisan koolaid (blue or red flavored, doesn't really matter) if it makes you feel better. Nothing will change, at least nothing the average person in America will notice. Share all the dire warnings and forebodings, scare us all to death with the election of either one of those two braying jackarses, and watch how the population moves along just fine no matter who wins.

We, the people, the average American, prosper and survive IN SPITE of government...never because of it.
Anarchy, now there’s system that will work. And all this time I was living in such pain and anguish! How do I sign up??

Old 09-22-2020, 07:46 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The lights are coming on for some right-wingers.

I’m a life-long Republican. I’m worried, and I’m voting for Biden.

Hilarious-

A lib finds a white elephant and suddenly gets giddy that there is a glimmer of hope for Biden.

There are far, far more democrats, terrified by the violence created by dems, that are voting for Trump for fear that democrat anarchy will come to their homes.

Keep on hoping there, lib- hope is all you got!

Old 09-22-2020, 07:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, all the new wars, and new conflicts, and ISIS terror attacks in the US, and all their decapitations, etc...
BLM started under Obama’s watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies