Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:28 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It is a well written Op-Ed. Nobody expects Biden to "fix it all." Most of us are just hoping for damage control and a return to normal as soon as possible. This country has moved in the wrong direction on all fronts during Trump's presidency.
You’ve got to be absolutely kidding me! Who is in charge of these Democratic cities gone amuck??? Voting Biden is just going to continue all this chaos. I seriously wonder about some of you...

Old 09-22-2020, 08:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
No, sounds like propaganda has gotten ahold of you! Our country is literally on fire. I use to think voting Democrat was an option. I voted for Clinton. Democrats have literally jumped the rails. I can’t think of one thing I can agree with on their platform.
*looks outside*

Oh ya, well atleast the west coast is with the president wild fires(thanks alot to those parents revealing the gender of their baby).

But in the city it’s pretty meh...

Old 09-22-2020, 08:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Less than a week before Biden debates LIVE without a teleprompter. Let's see how he does. There is a small chance they may withdraw him before the debate if they think he's going to be that lost and Harris will be the one debating Trump.
I am really looking forward to the debates. Popcorn on hand and ready for pure entertainment.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:34 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Sorry, but Yeah I was a Republican from 1976 to 2016. I don't feel like I left the party, I feel like it left me.
Trump is not a Conservative....never was.He is just a phony grifter and ******. He has pretty much destroyed the

Republican Party and will destroy American and the Constitution if he can.

I may have been on City Data but, I didn't come on the Political forum before about that time.
Before then, in later years I have leaned more moderate, and voted for person, not party.
Even when I was a Republican, I never hated Democrats like what I see on here now. That is just flat out wrong IMO...and sick.
There is no such thing as too much emphasis on the bolded.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For the millionth time, defunding the police is about taking those areas away from the police that are better served by a social worker, or other agency.

Things like truancy, runaways and things like that.

Why don't banks hire staff to investigate bad checks instead of police officers?

Why don't insurance companies do the same for stolen cars?

Why do you need police on the scene for a rape (unless the rapist is still there)? You medical teams, and social services.

There are many things the police have to do that does not require someone trained in restraining, fighting and shooting.

Police have to receive SO much training in SO many areas, they are master of none of them. In order to achieve that they would need years more training.

I know a LOT of police that are for this.
Oh who are you kidding... we are already seeing the problems with cities defunding the police. Crime has risen exponentially...and money is needed for training. Can’t do that with less money.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 PM

652 posts, read 520,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
That’s fine, but if you are a victim of a vagrant on heroin, a violent illegal alien, a criminal out on early parole, or a BLM terrorist one day, I hope you don’t blame anyone but yourself.

Elections have consequences.

Fearmongering?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So that guy is supposedly “scared” about all of those things and he thinks Biden can fix it all?

Get real.

I hope he at least got paid by the DNC for that article.
But don't you strongly think Trump can fix it all because he says he can? Just 4 more years to get it finished?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Fearmongering?
That sounds like fear mongering.

“Eat your RNC propaganda or else the antifa monster on tv is gonna eat you”

Old 09-22-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But don't you strongly think Trump can fix it all because he says he can? Just 4 more years to get it finished?
“Vote for Trump and you’ll get everything he could’ve given the last 4 years in his office”.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:44 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Modern Philosopher View Post
Let the RINOs leave! What have they conserved over the last decades? What?

-gay marriage
-more welfare
-bigger federal government even when they control the White House
-more immigration
gay marriage is actually a conservative value. If you truly believe in limited government, civil marriage allows every citizen the rights and responsibilities that are enjoyed by marriage. If people wish to be religiously married, it's what a church is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies