Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 05:58 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I can't believe you actually asked that question without googling to see the results. You're being sarcastic right?

From your beloved MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...ed/ar-BB15RqVS

NYC defunded the police by 1 million - check out the NYC boards here and the social media groups on Twitter and FB - let the people who live there tell you what it's like although situations like rape on a subway platform in broad daylight was in the national news. From the NY Post - but again - look on the CD NYC board for confirmation.

"In July, the number of shootings in New York City skyrocketed 177 percent over the same period last year, and there was a 59 percent rise in murders. In August, city shootings soared 165 percent, while murders jumped about 50 percent."

Just the talk of defunding the police and the amt of police retirements has affected Minneapolis and crime has risen.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/min...und-the-police
You cited an article that states, "Unable to pay its bills after the 2008 financial crisis, Vallejo filed for bankruptcy and cut its police force nearly in half. This has nothing to do with the events of this past summer.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:02 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I don't have a problem with being a RINO. What ever happened to fiscal conservatism? This is why the former rising star of the Republican Party is no longer in politics.There should be much more to the Republican Party than opposing Roe v. Wade, and allowing anyone to have as many assault weapons as they can afford.

I voted for Bush 41 and Bush 43 both times they ran. I did have reservations about voting for Bush 43 both times. But Trump makes every former President look good going back to even Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan.
Tried to rep you again but CD wouldn't allow it.

Great points:

"What ever happened to fiscal conservatism?" Check!

"There should be much more to the Republican Party than opposing Roe v. Wade, and allowing anyone to have as many assault weapons as they can afford." Double Check!

"I voted for Bush 41." Check!

Not to mention how the GOP stonewalled Merick Garland's Supremecourt Nomination with 10 months to go during the last administration yet want to scramjet someone into a nominee with 40 days left before the Presidential election. How sickening! Yet another reason to stay far from the GOP.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies