Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 05:27 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The city placed the curfew so it would be obvious that they had or saw a dangerous situation in progress/or progressing. It is their law enforcement and measures that are responsible to the citizens not a wannabe militia person who's in high school.

Just as you have your opinion that he's some kind of hero I think he committed murder as he is charged. Whats sad is this kid was at this place to begin with and was ill prepared for any of it.
I never said he was a "hero", in fact I had said that he was not. If you are throwing around that hero tag then obviously you feel that the pedo and the wanna-be-family-killer are your heroes.
The curfew was for everyone, not just Kyle. Odd how you single out just one person who should have obeyed the curfew.
LE was, apparently, on stand down thanks to the governor .. hang the governor for doing that, if you will.
He seemed not only prepared but quite reasonable in who it was that he had shot at. He only shot at those who attacked him, and no.one.else.
What is sad is that the protesting rioters were there to begin with. All of the people who were shot by Kyle were known to be protesting (and rioting?) for months.
Quote:
Shooting an unarmed man while illegally possessing a firearm is considered murder in most places.
Proof, that it was illegal? No one knows at this time and it will have to be hammered out in court. As far as the interpretation of the gun laws at.this.time, it wasn't illegal for him to carry it. Even IF it were illegal for him to carry it, a person who knowingly defends their own life should not be considered a murderer...never!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 05:29 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
two wrongs wont make a right - but rest now, the court will decide and probably after the election

Old 09-24-2020, 06:13 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I never said he was a "hero", in fact I had said that he was not. If you are throwing around that hero tag then obviously you feel that the pedo and the wanna-be-family-killer are your heroes.
The curfew was for everyone, not just Kyle. Odd how you single out just one person who should have obeyed the curfew.
LE was, apparently, on stand down thanks to the governor .. hang the governor for doing that, if you will.
He seemed not only prepared but quite reasonable in who it was that he had shot at. He only shot at those who attacked him, and no.one.else.
What is sad is that the protesting rioters were there to begin with. All of the people who were shot by Kyle were known to be protesting (and rioting?) for months.

Proof, that it was illegal? No one knows at this time and it will have to be hammered out in court. As far as the interpretation of the gun laws at.this.time, it wasn't illegal for him to carry it. Even IF it were illegal for him to carry it, a person who knowingly defends their own life should not be considered a murderer...never!
You all make assumption and you love to deflect to something that has no bearing on the topic being discussed.

I haven't exonerated anyone that was involved but he seems to be the main one in custody with murder charges pending and he is the point of this post were responding on. And from the charges it was illegal for him to be in possession of a weapon at his age as the law stands.

You want to deflect and blame everyone and everything but not he individual who has been charged. Whats the next argument if there hadn't been a riot he wouldn't have been there? That's like saying if you didn't have a pool he wouldn't have jumped the fence and drowned while swimming illegally. He is old enough to know right from wrong and he made his decisions which lead to these consequences.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:12 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Quote:
The city placed the curfew so it would be obvious that they had or saw a dangerous situation in progress/or progressing. It is their law enforcement and measures that are responsible to the citizens not a wannabe militia person who's in high school.

Just as you have your opinion that he's some kind of hero

I think he committed murder as he is charged. Whats sad is this kid was at this place to begin with and was ill prepared for any of it.
Quote:
You all make assumption and you love to deflect to something that has no bearing on the topic being discussed.
"Just as you have your opinion that he's some kind of hero"
"I think he committed murder"
"You all make assumption and you love to deflect..."

Yeah, spare us your faux outrage. You're just mad because, after you made wrong assumptions about me--'he's my hero', I mentioned who your heroes must be. Also, speaking of others who were involved is not deflecting.

Quote:
I haven't exonerated anyone that was involved
Uh huh, everyone but Rittenhouse it seems.

Quote:
but he seems to be the main one in custody with murder charges pending
'He's the only one in custody and charged' ... imagine that. Seems to be the way of the world today. Everyone who protects themselves and their property - charged with a felony. Everyone in the mob - a pat on the head and on your way, don't worry Biden and Harris had made sure your bail was taken care of.

Quote:
and he is the point of this post were responding on. And from the charges it was illegal for him to be in possession of a weapon at his age as the law stands.
Nope. No one, especially a layperson who may or may not have read the gun laws, can say that. The gun laws are weirdly written and the court will need to make a determination. As it stands right now, it was not illegal for him to carry the gun.

Quote:
You want to deflect and blame everyone and everything but not he individual who has been charged. Whats the next argument if there hadn't been a riot he wouldn't have been there? That's like saying if you didn't have a pool he wouldn't have jumped the fence and drowned while swimming illegally. He is old enough to know right from wrong and he made his decisions which lead to these consequences.
You are blaming him above everyone else, especially Rosenbaum. Face it. IF Rosenbaum had not attacked him, probably because Kyle put the dumpster fire out, then NO ONE would have been shot.

"That's like saying if" .... a woman is wearing a low cut blouse and shorts, if she gets raped then you would feel it's her fault because of her choice of clothing.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:16 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
This guy had to pickup his rifle and drive down to the area for what? Sounds like he wanted to be part of the action instead of chillin' at home. That will weigh in with the jurors.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:24 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Pandering the same type of right wing propaganda sources you always post does not add any legitimacy to their information.
If you believe the information to be inaccurate, make a legal arguement against it, not an emotional one.

I've yet to see the counter arguement, just a lot of "nuh-uh" bs

Old 09-24-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
This guy had to pickup his rifle and drive down to the area for what? Sounds like he wanted to be part of the action instead of chillin' at home. That will weigh in with the jurors.
Unlikely since that has nothing to do with the case and isn't a valid reason for someone to be attacked by a pedophile.

To have a case against the kid you have to prove he didn't have the right to self defense.... good luck with that.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:42 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Shooting an unarmed man while illegally possessing a firearm is considered murder in most places.
When you are chasing and trying to disarm someone, you are no longer an unarmed man.

You can always test it yourself to dispel my theory.

I teach CCW in California. I tell my students to carry a pocket knife on their weak side (non gun side) so in case someone tries to gun grab, use the knife with your non dominant hand and stick the knife in the gun grabber's neck. It is totally justified

Old 09-24-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Just as you have your opinion that he's some kind of hero I think he committed murder as he is charged. Whats sad is this kid was at this place to begin with and was ill prepared for any of it.
Not all opinions are created equal. While you are certainly entitled to hold an opinion that is ignorant as to the law, it should not be valued equally to an opinion that is educated as to the relevant law.

Also the kid was well prepared, that's why a pedo is dead and a communist is maimed rather than those things happening to the kid.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:42 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Is there some brand new, never seen before footage in there?
Some of the footage seems to be new (or obscure in terms of social media dissemination).

Around the 3:08 mark, the video purports to show Rosenbaum starting more fires.
The footage is blurred and the evidence is circumstantial, so requires further examination.

There is some footage I haven't seen of Alexander Blaine brandishing a pistol.

There is some new footage (disseminated circa 7 September) of BLM's pursuit of Rittenhouse.
Someone is heard shouting "Cranium that boy". Another runs alongside him, talking to him as he flees.

There is some re-analysis of existing footage. Motives for Rosenbaum's pursuit are re-examined.

1. Similarities in dress are pointed out between Rittenhouse and someone Rosenbaum had argued with earlier.
2. Footage of Rittenhouse running with a fire extinguisher is timestamped in the context of Rosenbaum's activities.

Your first few posts were somewhat interesting, in a dilatory apathetic kind of way.

Now you're just contriving excuses to ignore the topic and waste your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies