Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 24 days ago)

18,708 posts, read 6,807,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I've watched the videos and I'm aware of Rosenbaum's criminal past. "Child rapist" might or might not be accurate, we simply don't know and it's also irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Someone being a "bad guy" doesn't bolster a self-defense claim.
It really does, though. It paints the picture that the angry mob was just a bunch of trouble makers looking to cause mayhem. They went after him. He didn't show up in Kenosha looking to shoot someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 12:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Early in the video, Kyle says "Our job is to protect this business, and part of my job is to help people..."

Who appointed Kyle to this duty? How did he get the idea that this was his "job"? He was not "trying to avoid the situation". He went there intentionally. He brought his rifle, as he says on the video, "in case I have to defend myself". So he was knowingly going into a violent situation, and anticipating using his gun even before it started.

I agree: no one has the right to trash a neighborhood. But that is a problem for the police. If we have armed vigilantes taking the law into their own hands, the result is predictable.
This is precisely why I believe the courts will have to convict him...

If he gets off scott free, its going to lead to ALOT more violence and vigilantes popping up...

But on the other hand, if he is convicted, that is setting a precedent, that people will be prosecuted and convicted of simply protecting themselves! (this is why I think it wont matter how his trial goes, either way, its going to lead to a lot more violence).

Proud, patriotic Americans WILL NOT tolerate the courts convicting people for defending themselves, this is why Ive previously said it could end up in a situation where both sides are fighting with police.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:02 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,280,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Why? Because it likely feels bad to kill someone/anyone. Maybe he doesn't feel bad, maybe he is happy he killed someone. I don't know and I asked the question. I was wondering if he spoke about regretting being there that night.
Have you ever killed someone in self defense? Did you feel bad or think that had you not been there it wouldn't have happened? Or were you happy that a person you didn't think was worth living is now dead.

I have never shot a gun at another person and I wonder how you process it.
i guess we are approaching this from very different perspectives.
if i look at it from your perspective, if someone were to break into my home with intent to do harm, and I were to kill that person, I certainly would feel bad about the exchange. The second to last thing in this world i want to do is harm another human being. The only thing I want less it to allow an innocent (especially my family) to be harmed.

That being said, i don't think i would feel bad about being home on the evening a person would hypothetically enter my home.

I guess that's where we diverge....even while agreeing on the response to doing harm (even justified).

I see what Kyle did and I see noble actions. I see a young man who spent a day cleaning up a broken city. I see a young man moved by what he saw to stand up for the helpless and being moved by his own internal moral code, seek to protect the innocent and to provide comfort to the hurt.

I see a young man who prudently sought to protect himself in the process and i see evil thrust upon him.
Because i see Kyle as a good person, I project upon him that he feels sorrow for the lives that were taken while at the same time, i also say he should feel no regret whatsoever in his decisions to seek to protect and offer comfort; nor should he feel regret for seeking to protecting himself from evil men.

i don't know if we are so far apart, i certainly meant you no disrespect.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:10 PM

28,396 posts, read 16,230,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It really does, though...
No, it really doesn't.

Past misdeeds, however heinous, by Rosenbaum are irrelevant to the facts of what happened that night.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:10 PM

21,385 posts, read 10,427,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is it every time a person places themselves in a situation they shouldn't be in and could easily avoid with a weapon they shouldn't have or need they are suddenly claiming self defense?
Because the same could be said about the idiots setting fires and rioting and chasing after a guy open carrying an AR-15. That idiot was the one who placed himself and then two other people in a deadly situation. But you go ahead and condemn the guy who wouldn’t have shot anyone except in self-defense, who was there to help protect property. And all because Mr. Child Molester was mad that the kid put out the fire he started.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:12 PM

14,802 posts, read 17,550,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Early in the video, Kyle says "Our job is to protect this business, and part of my job is to help people..."

Who appointed Kyle to this duty? How did he get the idea that this was his "job"? He was not "trying to avoid the situation". He went there intentionally. He brought his rifle, as he says on the video, "in case I have to defend myself". So he was knowingly going into a violent situation, and anticipating using his gun even before it started.

I agree: no one has the right to trash a neighborhood. But that is a problem for the police. If we have armed vigilantes taking the law into their own hands, the result is predictable.
We witnessed the repurcussions of lawlessness as perpetrated by BLM rioters and Democrat enablers. It was still clearly self defense. The kid was attacked by at least 3 separate people and was clearly trying to get away from the violent mob.

12,682 posts, read 6,675,281 times
The thing that I find terrifying is that if Joe Biden wins:
  • Appeasement of the BLM terrorist mob becomes the official policy of the federal government.
  • We will see anyone with any Conservative thought in their head hunted and murdered by the mobs.
  • Anyone who dares defend themselves against the mob will be prosecuted.
  • None of their attackers will ever be prosecuted.
  • The political Right will have to choose between armed revolt en mass against government sanctioned mob rule, or just letting themselves be slaughtered one by one till they are all dead.
And of course, YouTube has flagged the video as "spreading false information" and age restricted it, because there is only one set of opinions allowed on this matter.

The wheels of justice are slow, but if Trump wins at least Omaha and Kenosha justice systems will fall under intense scrutiny by the Department of Justice. The big questions to be answered: Why are these jurisdictions prosecuting people for self defense, ostensibly because they are on the Right politically? Why were none of the attackers of Kyle Rittenhouse and Jake Gardner ever arrested or prosecuted?

If Biden wins, the DOJ won't do a damn thing to stop the insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
See that's the problem - none of you go and look before spouting your dribble and in the end it's looks like you failed debate class. It takes all of 2 minutes to research something so you don't look like a complete fool.
I've watched plenty of video from news organizations on these shootings.

No reasonable person would expect any sort of unbiased analysis of these videos when it comes from an entity involved in Rittenhouse's defense. You don't hear a lot of defense teams saying "Oh, crap, looks like my client could be in trouble here." Not good defense teams, anyway.

Don't conflate me not wasting time on the #FightBack YouTube video with me not "researching something".

Old 09-23-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is a witness to the first shooting who apparently supports the self defense claim.
Yep, reportedly there is. And?

Old 09-23-2020, 01:19 PM

20,393 posts, read 12,280,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The best way of defending himself would have been staying at home where he belonged.
That's what we are supposed to do right?

Stay home and let the hoards rage. Allow innocent people to die or have their lives ruined. Just stay home. do as your told. hold your head down.

Kneel and raise your fist... repeat a mantra.

no thanks. what Kyle did was stand up and be counted. NOT to hurt anyone but to protect people and offer healing hands to hurting people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies